cguey5155

2017 VW Beetle Automatic Transmission Towing

I'm considering buying a 2017 VW Beetle to tow behind my Motorcoach on a dolly so that front wheels are off the ground. It's a front wheel drive vehicle.  Does anyone have experience doing this and any issues from doing this? 

Towing a car on a dolly is a HUGE PIA.  I towed a VW Rabbit (wife's car) but once I moved to a car that could be towed 4 wheels down I realized just how bad things had been in the past.  If you have no other choice and you must tow this car on a dolly then the VW will do just fine.  A FWD car on a dolly is just a trailer and you won't have any mechanical issues to deal with.  You won't necessarily be happy, but it will work.

1 hour ago, cguey5155 said:

I'm considering buying a 2017 VW Beetle to tow behind my Motorcoach on a dolly so that front wheels are off the ground. It's a front wheel drive vehicle.  Does anyone have experience doing this and any issues from doing this? 

Welcome to the forum. I would definatley buy a car that can be towed 4 down. Like Bill A. I towed a car on a dolly. This is something you do if there are no outher options. As you haven't bought the VW I would look around. Look at the towing guide to find cars that can be towed 4 down. https://www.fmca.com/motorhome/towing/204-towing-guides-towing-four-wheels-down.html

Last Christmas I was in New England and had a 2017 Ford Fusion Titanium with the ecobust engine I was quite impresed with it and was glad to see it could be towed 4 down. I put it on my list for new toads when my curent one needs tobe replaced.

Bill