MDKOZ

New FMCA & A Class RV

Hi My name is Keith. My wife, Marian and I have arrived from Australia and purchased an A class RV in LA and heading to Miami in a round about way, we have just joined the FMCA but have been a member of the CMCA in Australia for around 15 years.

I converted a 21ft LWB Toyota Coaster Bus to a motor home and traveled around Australia for about 12 year, but this Fleetwood is a bit longer and much wider than the Coaster so will take a bit of getting used to especially on the other side of the road.

I am in Las Vegas at the moment getting shocks, tires and wheel alignment and hope it steers a bit better. The 78mph wind we copped on the way didn't help.

We are just visiting, Staying 3 months this trip then my brother comes over and will do around 3 months and them my other brother is coming over and will be staying a bit longer he is applying for a visa he comes over every year to go skiing in Utah, then I will be back for another stint and hope to do this for many years.

MDKOZ.  Welcome to FMCA and the Forum!

Where in Australia do you call home?  I circumnavigated on a cruise ship in 07' and will do it again next February!  Beautiful country!  You hit LV at the wrong time, I heard about that blow.  What model and year Fleetwood did you get?

Carl 

I am from Jervis Bay 2 hours south of Sydney New South Wales, We have a 1999 30ft Fleetwood Storm 30H on a Ford chassis with V10 motor.

Beautiful area.  Had 3 days in Sydney, so I rented a car and got lost, Jervis is one of many areas that I stopped and asked, "Where am I"?  Got some interesting responses!  Mostly led to a Pub and lengthy discussion on where I should go next...made some friends in NSW and we still correspond.