Sign in to follow this  
gelsw

Removing Dash/Accessing HVAC Motor: 2014 Winnebago Forza 38R

Trying to track down why the dash heat ac blower motor only works on high on a Freightliner 2014 chassis, 2016 Winnebago Forza 38R. The youtube experts seem to think a resistor needs replaced on the blower motor. Can get to the rear and drivers side of the motor under the dash but the wiring all seems to run to the passenger side of the motor. There is a big hunk of plastic for the dash on that side and I have only found one screw holding on the whole thing, which did not loosen it. So does anyone know how to remove the dash and or how to diagnose heater switch?

Gary 

The resistors are normally places in the duct work in the automotive industry, don't know if it applies to RV's.

Jim

I'm basing my "knowledge" on what I saw on youtube about freightliner heater blowers, you know how the internet is never wrong.

Gary, don't know if this is the same one that you watched, but here is a youtube video. It appears that the cover is snapped into place if this is possible on your unit 

That is one of the videos I watched, unfortunately it does not show how to remove the cover on a Forza which is several times the size of the cover shown. Thanks for checking though.

Gary

Found a possible answer, remove the defrost vents and then pull up on the long piece next to the windshield to get to the large passenger side plastic piece. Supposedly both of these pieces can be pulled up enough to get to the fan motor. Will keep you posted on the results, probably try next stop tonight. At Jackson, Mississippi now headed towards Nashville.

Gary

2 thoughts.  Have you called the Tech Dept. at WB and Freightliner?  WB's dash and chassis heater and instruments!

Ian.  Should be, go to Freightliner and have it fixed...OP may be 2nd owner.  So much for warranty!