manholt

Theft In Truck Stop

Yesterday at a Red Stripe Truck Stop in George West, Texas, my rear wheel hub cover and all hub nut covers took a walk, while Linda and I was paying for fuel.  I had just washed and waxed my rig before leaving Rockport, TX and I also take a walk around my rig looking at my tires while I'm fueling.  Then I pull forward until I'm clear of pump and go in to get my receipt.  When I get back to coach I do another walk around, looking at the toad and rig, that's when I saw that I had a non dressed Alcoa! :angry:

That's a first for me! :blink:

Filling up in the future is going to take longer.  I will be watching Linda's rig while she is inside and she will do the same for me!  I have front and side cameras, but the wheels are too low, so I only got a baseball cap!:angry:

Carl

It is a "blankin" shame that there are thieves in this world.

I truly hope they get their comeuppance.

Sorry that happened to you Carl.

Wow, and I thought the flying j near Dallas, TX was bad with the transient walking through begging for gas money.   

Carl/ If I had known that it was your rig, I wouldn't have done it.?     Have been in a lot of truck stops over my career and don't remember anything being stolen when I was in or around my rig. Took  some stones to do that in the pull forward area of the pumps. Must be a rough place!! At least he did not take your Sony.

I had a 3/4 ton Chevrolet Silverado diesel truck.  When I went to Office Depot and was just in a few minutes they stole one hub cover.  It cost me over $100 to buy a new one.

Jaime

27 minutes ago, obedb said:

At least he did not take your Sony.

He probably wishes that it had been his Sony instead of the hub cap.-_- He wouldn't be worrying about the gorilla tape coming loos anymore.

I'll let you know, when I see the bill...I think it will be one of the lesser amount items! :lol:  There is nothing wrong with the Sony, got it out, cleaned it up and got a wall mount from Wall Mart, it was picked up by The sacred heart food kitchen in San Antonio...along with a lot of other donated items!  I'm not a Catholic, but I'm a God fearing man! 

Carl  you know the there are truckers that do not like us big RVers. There are lowlifes in every community. That is exactly why I do the fueling and Janet does the paying. No it does not happen often but just often enough to make us cringe. This makes me now aware that when I put the side cameras on, to be sure and cover the front wheels. Mine will as it is 5 feet from the centerline of the front axle to the nose of the coach. 

49 minutes ago, EMILLER0429 said:

Have any of you had issues with theft whn you park your rig at a travel center and you go eat or see a near by sight?

I have heard of many accidents with truck drivers hitting parked RV's, but no theft. My friends Coach got backed into by a Werner driver.

We have never had a theft or problem like this while parked at any Travel Center or Wal-Mart. Whether just fueling or stopping overnight, sight seeing or to catch a meal.

it's a shame, those Alcoa hubcaps and nut covers although not too expensive, are not that cheap just the same.