MDKOZ

Tyre Pressures

Hi, just trying to find out what tyre pressures to run on my RV (and yes I am from Australia hence the spelling)

I have a 30ft Fleetwood Storm with a Ford chassis and V10 motor.

Tyres are 245/70/19.5 14 ply. I don't know my axel weights but I am not carrying much extra weight.

Thanks Keith

Keith,

You may have a data sheet on the wall next to and below the drivers seat. Check there to see if there is a recommend pressure there. It will be a place to start until you at least have the axles weighed. Most truck stops have scales to do that.

Good luck and remember we drive on the right side. 

Herman 

Herman the only data sheet I can find is a sticker on the left of entry door which says up to 95psi which I am running but I am finding the ride very harsh as if the pressure is to high.

Keith

Until you can get actual weights, inflate to the max weight/pressure on the sidewall of the tires OR as Herman said.  DO NOT reduce pressure until you are absolutely sure of weights.

Lenp

Keith.

A 1999 Fleetwood Storm is going to ride harsh, due to suspension system alone.  Getting weight and proper pressure will improve it a little.  The important thing is the weight and the balance of the weight, you want equal distribution.

When I drove in your country, I felt the same way!  Getting used to a steering wheel in the passenger seat, was a real thrill for a couple of weeks! :lol::rolleyes: 

No one can answer this question.  You MUST find out what the coach weighs at each tire.  That means you need to find someone who can put a scale under both front tires and then both rear tires and the both tag tires (if appropriate but not likely on your 30' coach).  Once you know the exact weights you will have to go the the tire manufacturers site and see what the right pressure would be.  If one side is heavier than the other, you must use the heavier side to determine air pressure for both sides.

I agree with Bill Adams that the best is to know the individual weights on each end of each axle because few RVs are balanced 50/50 side to side.

An option which will cover most RVs is to assume one end has about 53% of the axle total.

Once you get on a truck scale (most large truck stops have them) get the weight for each axle. You can ask in the office and they will be happy to help.

With the weigh slip that shows both axle weights the next step is to look up a Load & Inflation table. Most tires follow the same table but you can check HERE

Using the 53% figure you will know the Minimum Inflation. 

I suggest you add 10% to the minimum inflation to give you a cushion. You will see your morning inflations go up and down a bit with morning temperature.

Check out my blog if you want to learn more

Thanks for the info, yes I will get it weight and see what it weights, think it will be well under max load but sure it will get heaver as we travel, my RV in Australia was always on the limit so weighed it every time we set of on a trip when fully loaded.