deckerwh

Visibility Issues

I've never commented on a forum before, so please excuse me if I'm using this improperly.

We have recently purchased a B plus motorhome and have encountered an issue with visibility on approaching vehicles on the right.  We had stopped at the end of an exit ramp of an interstate an we wanting to turn left.  The road from the right was angled in such a way that I could not see approaching traffic through the passenger window.  My husband who was the passenger had to almost put his head out the window to see if it was clear.  

My question is, are there mirrors I can install that would give me a wider view from the drivers seat out the passenger window.  

Thank you for any comments.

deckerwh,

Thanks for posting on the Forum!

I'm picturing what you encountered as a "Y" type intersection where you were angled to the left?  If so, I can't think of anything that would really help in this circumstance other than a convex mirror.  Auto Zone, Pep Boys and other parts suppliers carry them.  They are made with double stick adhesive that applies directly to your existing mirrors.

Another potential solution is to change out your mirrors and get the type that split.  The upper is used for normal travel and the lower is more convex for wider view.

In situations such as the one you encountered, I usually angle my vehicles so I can see both directions of travel.  Even if it doesn't follow the natural curve of the roadway.

But, I've had to ask Deb or my passenger for help on many occasions.

Blake

Welcome to the forum. Blake is right some times nouthing but some extra eyes is going to work. The problem with convex mirrors is the objects look smaller and it might be hard to see a car coming if it was verry far away.

Bill

Thank you Blake and Bill.  We do have big mirror with the round convex mirrors, but even turning them out didn't seem to help.  I'll look at getting another one and perhaps positioning it at a different angle.  I also thought about maybe a side view camera that pointed to the right might work, but they're so expensive.  Thanks again for your help.