hassell

Entry Door Won't Unlock?

Hassell,

Sorry for your problem. By some chance do you have Coach Net, GoodSam's or some other road side assistance service?  If so have you called them? 

In the mean time check your chassis batteries.  Low voltage on the coach will cause the remote to not function properly. You can also try inserting the key and turning the key and pressing the open button at the same time. One may assist the other to open. 

But I  hope that by now you are in.

Herman 

I had this same problem twice with my 2003 National Tradewinds. First time was at Quartzsite, AAA forced the door open. Second time at Pismo Sands in Pismo Beach, Ca. No one would come out. I ended up breaking and entering., window needed replacing anyhow. Discovered the reason it was doing this. When we locked and closed the door the inside handle got caught on the slide glass on the screen door and caused the lock to hang up. Solution, lock door and close that sliding glass which covers the opening in the screen that allows you to open the latch from the inside. 

I believe your door lock in the Beaver is a different type than Bill described.  

You might try pushing on the door to relieve pressure on the locking mechanism.  If that doesn't work, I would call a locksmith for assistance.  You might want to try to get an RV repair shop to come take a look at it, they may have a better approach than a locksmith.

Another alternate would be to check if any window hasn't been locked shut.  It is possible to push unlocked windows from the outside to slide them open.  If that doesn't work, last option, is to break a window.  Check prices, go for the cheapest you can fit through!  Even that may not help you.  Once inside you can disassemble some of the locking mechanism and the inside of the door.  That should allow you to release the locking mechanism.  We started having locking problems one time.  We quit using the latch and used only the deadbolt until we were confident that the latch had been repaired.

Hassle posted this on April 15th. I wonder if he got in or is still standing out scratching his head.😯

Please folks, when you have a problem andone of our suggestions works let the Forum know. All solutions help others, and besides we all like to know we were right. 😊

Herman 

Hassle posted this on April 15th. I wonder if he got in or is still standing out scratching his head.😯

Please folks, when you have a problem andone of our suggestions works let the Forum know. All solutions help others, and besides we all like to know we were right. 😊

Herman 

It could be that Hassell hasn't resolved the problem yet.  This time of year there are many RV's that are coming out of winter hibernation.  I agree that it is always polite to let us know what solution was reached.  It adds to the value of this forum if we get final results on each problem solved.  It isn't so much that we want to know we are right, we are more interested in learning more about problems with motor homes and how they were solved. 

I don't think it hurts to add comments to an older discussion, it broadens the discussion and may be helpful to others who are looking for a solution for their problem at a later date.  In my post above, I point out that a Beaver, built by Monaco in 2007, probably has a different door mechanism than was described in an earlier post.  I've never seen any Monaco with a door mechanism like the one pictured in Bills posting.

I had a broken lock a couple weeks ago. Stuck the key in, turned it, pulled on the handle and no luck. Tried it several times, no luck. Turned the key and hear it click, turned it all the way the other way and heard it click. Turned it back to unlock it, heard it click, pulled on the handle - Gees, I could break the handle off if I'm not careful.   Called GS and they were going to call me back after finding a locksmith. Meantime I called the local locksmith. This is a Sunday and we are supposed to be leaving like "NOW."

Back out to the MH. Oh! Oh! darn! I was turning it to the left and that locks it - not unlocks it.  Turned it the other way and handle finally moved.

Ever see a monkey jump on a football. 

Here is the worst of it all. Had to go back in the house and tell DW that I fixed it. it wasn't until several days later that I fessed up. She had time to think about it and just smiled instead of calling me a DumbA again.

Thought I'd share that while waiting for the OP to come back.

Excellent point...B) Besides, Brett will cut us off eventually,  he's good at that. :lol:

Feel free to throw in your 2 cents worth! :D  Speaking off which, do you know how many times we have addressed the lock issue in the past 5 years?

Guys, PLEASE.  I have received a raft of complaints about off-topic replies to posts.

Remember, many receive e-mail updates on every post on threads of interest to them. 

It has to be very irritating to have a technical problem and receive 10+ off topic replies e-mailed to them.

e-mail?  You mean there is no replies as to weather or not they got the problem fixed or not?  How is that going to help future inquiries?:(  I foresee, the death of the Forum! :blink:

1 hour ago, manholt said:

e-mail?  You mean there is no replies as to weather or not they got the problem fixed or not?  How is that going to help future inquiries?:(  I foresee, the death of the Forum! :blink:

Let me clarify. This has nothing to do with how answers are posted on the FMCA Forum. 

But, one of the options everyone has is to receive e-mail notifications of all posts on threads of interest.  An excellent tool if one has a specific technical issue and wants to immediately be notified of any posts on that thread.

The complaints come in when that person's phone goes off multiple times a day and not one of the posts is relevant to his issue.

Here is where one can select notification options: http://community.fmca.com/notifications/options/

I"m so sorry guys I have not replied to the post in some time but I do appreciate all suggestion I finally got in after taking the door lock out, I have to replace lock as soon as I find one I think I panic and had to leave and oh the engine was runny.so sorry again for not reading the forum.

Have nothing of technical information to add, but I emphatize with hassell as I had to climb through the thankfully unlocked dirver's window three times on the way home from purchase of Mother Superior because the door, which apparentley the dealer had never locked, would not unlock.  I used the bottom half of the roof ladder as a stepladder.  Whatever was the problem my coach guy fixed it.  No remote involved.