Wayne77590,  We also has an after market heat activated fire extinguisher by our fridge in the outside compartment.  By the time it went off the fire was too big.  Didn't do the job.

Location, location, location is the secret. So where would the best place to locate the extinguisher. Where do most fires start? In My Safari Panther the boiler flue was pointed straight up and at wood framing. There was no damage but I have seen evidence of hot on other coaches. My solution for this was to fabricate an offset to the flue using a short straight piece of 1 inch thin wall copper pipe and a couple 45 degree street Ells to move the outlet 4 inches and directly under the opening of the refrigerator vent box. Under normal operation there is not really much heat and I did not solder it together.

Lyle,

Yep, I'm aware that it possibly will not stop the fire but it's a start. I'm hoping that should anything happen that having the extinguisher will make insurance claims easier.

Glad to see you back looking, Lyle. We recently purchased a Newmar Ventana 4369. It is a bath and half and the rear bath is huge with a large emergency door for an exit. There is also an emergency exit window in the bedroom. 

We've been looking for a long time and drove many coaches. Unfortunately for all the other manufacturers, the Newmar line was the first we looked at and the other manufacturers could never come close to the quality and especially the drivability of the Newmar. We just got back from a two week 1500 miles trip and I cannot find one reason to take it back to the dealer. The comfort steering and the passive steer tag axle are both phenomenal.  I didn't realize one day we were driving with a cross wind until we stopped for lunch. After lunch I stepped out to do my usual walk around and thats when I realized there was a strong wind blowing. I'm sold on Newmar for many reasons. Good luck in your search, Lyle. 

You will love it. The 4369 is a really nice floor plan with lots of storage. There are three of us on the forum that now have a Ventana 4369. Are you going to do factory pick up?