ROGERCARSON

Refrigerator On The Blink

I have 2008 Fleetwood Excursion 39r with Norcold double door frig, 1200 series. Will work fine 2-3 days then just turns off for 15-30 minutes and works fine again does same on propane and electric. The green frig light stays on but open door and unit is off, light, fan nothing is on been doing this about 6 weeks. any replies are welcomed.

Thanks

Roger,

Our Norcold started doing the same thing.  It was a 2005 with the safety recall switch.  Sometimes I would have to reset the switch via strong magnet and other times it would reset on it's own.  The switch is a high temp sensor and would indicate fault via a red light (back of the fridge accessible from the outside vent cover).

Concurrent with this intermittent issue, my beer wouldn't get cold enough and our food wasn't as cold as it should have been.

So, we switched to a residential fridge.  Now, no issues with potential fires and cold beer!

Search Norcold on this Forum.

Blake

I have to agree with Herman and Blake.  I had to use a strong magnet to reset ours 1 time and I did not trust it after that.  Also, I never did like to pour myself a bowl of ice cream.   We switched to a Samsung RF 20 residential 2 years ago and ice cream is so hard you have to "nuke" it.

Was just perusing this website to answer another post.  They post pictures of their totaled coaches in hopes to sell parts.  In looking at the Monaco coaches I was amazed at the number of coaches that had fires at where I would guess the refrigerator to be.

http://rvexteriorbodypanels.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/f/monacomotorhomeparts.pl?

Blake

Blake, I was digging around yesterday also and noticed the same thing, not just with Monaco but across most coach lines.

I have looked at upgrading and I see enough burned coaches to make changing the refrigerator a top priority / must have. I see more coaches with a residential refrigerator as original equipment.

Bill 

I looked at a 2010 Foretravel, with a Norecold 4 door! It's insane that they put that in a $600,000 in 2010 coach!:wacko::blink:

Joe.....saw some of the others too!  A couple of years ago we were in New Mexico at a truck repair shop and out back they had a Red Bay coach that was a total loss.  From the looks of it, the hottest part of the fire was where the fridge was.

Thankful for the information from this forum (and you) that pushed me off the fence to get a residential model.  Plus the need for cold beer!

Blake

We would never go back. Saw our first one in a 13 Fleetwood Excursion. At first I thought why? then after our diverted disaster I thought, Genius!

With the recall that goes back 15+ years, the "new and improved" fixes that comes out steadily and also don't work, all the documented fires and explosions!  I'm surprised that the 1200 is still being ordered for new coaches! :blink::wacko:

5 hours ago, blakeloke said:

Joe.....saw some of the others too!  A couple of years ago we were in New Mexico at a truck repair shop and out back they had a Red Bay coach that was a total loss.  From the looks of it, the hottest part of the fire was where the fridge was.

Thankful for the information from this forum (and you) that pushed me off the fence to get a residential model.  Plus the need for cold beer!

Blake

Not only cold beer but frozen ice cream and all the ice cubes you can use.:D

Bill