Sign in to follow this  

Hello, my name is Steve Kyer, and we live in St Charles County, Missouri. I would like to know if anyone knows of, or had a good experience with someone that can install new flooring on my 1999 Fleetwood Discovery 36t, this motorhome has one slideout. I know that many would say that you can do it yourself, however I think that the installation would require some luan product to repair the water damage on the plywood under the current carpet, and so far I just do not have the confidence in my ability to the job correct. So if anyone knows of a good floor installation person with installing flooring on motorhomes around the St.Charles-St.Louis, MO. area, I sure would appreciate the lead, and I thank the participants in this forum in advance. 

Steve,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Forum!

In my opinion, the top expert for installing new flooring is Ernie Ekberg (alias "Erniee" on this site).

He has done our coach and repaired some water damage in the subfloor.  Excellent results and super nice guy! 

He's not far from you in Weatherford Texas.

Blake

Non better that I know of...he's very busy, so it may take sometime, but well worth the wait.  Send him a PM on Forum and he might have a cancellation!  Just click on his picture.

Also, Welcome to the Forum!

Carl

Ernie did my coach as well but I am sorry to say that it would be quite a drive from the St. Louis area.  Hopefully, someone will be along with some more helpful information for your area.

I just saw this thread as I have had some issues with this forum telling me I was not a member. That being said- I book 2 coaches a month. Currently, Oct 1 and 15th are open. And I bet I'm cheaper than anyone- and probably the only one installing wood on the slides

I have seen pictures of Ernie's work and it looks very good but for me not practical since I live in southern Michigan. Indiana is only 21/2 hours from me. New Debut does the renovations for Precision Painting, so far they seem good people to deal with.

Roland.  In your case and under the health situations your dealing with, I agree with your decision !

Carl