rfsod48

Mattress

What do you have now and what don't you like about it? 

I have a sleep number and it works for me!  I've also had memory foam and was quite happy wit it. :D  Have not heard of anybody being happy with the Denver mattress.:blink:

We are changing from queen to king size. Have had sleep number at home and liked it, now have serta i comfort and like it as well. Standard size will not work, can only have 72" wide. Don't want to bust the bank but not cheapest either.

I have King in this coach.  Yes it is shorter than my CA. King at home...both have sleep #....I used to have a Tempurepidic (can't spell today) at home, didn't like it, so it's now in my hunting camp in LA.

Had a 2011 Allegro Bus and could not sleep on the Denver mattress that came with it...went to Sam's and got a 4" memory foam mattress, Queen, $300 and it was great.

How are you changing from a Queen to a King?  Where is all that extra room coming from.  Are you both short enough to deal with an RV Queen/King or do you plan to make enough room for a full sized mattress?

We are having the night stands removed when we have the new flooring installed. We currently have a queen which is 60"x 80" long, standard length. Will be able to have rv king which is 72" x 80". Standard king is 76" x 80".

I am wondering about some of the online order mattresses because they come in rv sizes, just would like to hear from someone who has used them.

I currently have an RV queen memory foam 10 inch firm on an adjustable bed that I ordered off of e-bay. Three years old now and still love it. I did order the one that claims to be made in the USA.

7 hours ago, manholt said:

What do you have now and what don't you like about it? 

I have a sleep number and it works for me!  I've also had memory foam and was quite happy wit it. :D  Have not heard of anybody being happy with the Denver mattress.:blink:

We have been using a full queen Denver mattress for 3 years.  We spend about 200 nights a year in the coach.  It hasn't sagged like most of the others we have tried.  We are happy with it.

We have a Denver Mattress Euro King in our coach currently, its so horrible we have cut back trips this year. I am actually considering sleeping on the floor :o. I called them and emailed to get rid of it after we purchased it, never called us back, stuck with it now. Not sure what to do moving forward, its that unbearable! DW likes soft and squishy, I need firm for my back, not sure what's with this mattress but neither of us can get a decent nights sleep on it. We have a sleep number at home, works great! For the coach they are $3000. not going to happen anytime soon, just too expensive!

We too have a sleep number in the coach GRRRREAT. we have on at home too...Janet likes it hard and I a bit softer. Only problem we ever had both bags failed at virtually the same time...Slp Nr replaces under warranty.  Joe we did not pay any where near that.

I was searching for a sleep number on the web, those were the prices for a "Narrow King".

Bill where did you purchase yours?

I even called the sleep number store we bought the one for the house at, since it was their RV line they couldn't help, very frustrating search this has been.

You all would laugh if you saw what my DW did to the bed to make it comfortable, I flipped the mattress over, pillow top down for firmness which I like, she likes to sink in, so she took a mattress topper from a queen and folded it up like a sleeping bag, sat it on top, her side is at least a foot taller than mine :wacko:. Last camping trip the Hayes family was checking out the coach, Keon took one look at the bed, puzzled look on his face and blurts out "what kind of Wrasling ya'all do in here :lol:?

We really need another new mattress!

Joe,

It is a Queen one up from the base and bought it from Sleep Number Store here might have been on sale. Janet and the invoice 2014 we paid $1,549 delivered Ca,mping World has had them too

I'm guessing you have a standard size house mattress? Ours is 72"x80" which has been the challenge, only available in their RV line up. Last coach was 60x76 I put a 60x80 standard queen in and it fit. I have no room for adjustments in this one since its on a slide.

Joe, I have a similar issue with sleeping, I like the softer mattress and Sue likes her side to resemble the floor without carpet. As you know, I have a queen adjustable bed, not split just adjustable. I ordered a queen size adjustable firmness memory foam mattress off of ebay, which is achieved by stacking several thickness's of foam under the memory foam under the topper. All of this happens within a zippered cover for the mattress. There are three different pieces of foam, one is very firm, one is medium firm, and the other is the softest. To get it to the firmness that I like, I stacked it several ways and found the one that I liked best. Now to make Sue happy, I restacked it several ways to find her desired firmness, could not find the floor model, so I added three pieces of plywood, remember that it is an adjustable bed with two distinct places where the bed pivots. Now I found that with the top foam being the firmest, and the middle being medium, I could place the plywood between these two layers, she said that it was great. I then cut two of the foam layers down the middle and restacked to fit my needs on my side of the bed, put the zippered lining back on and now both of us are happy with a good nights sleep. We once owned a sleep number bed and could not get as good as we now have.B)

On 7/31/2017 at 11:13 AM, rfsod48 said:

Does the Walmart mattress come in rv sizes?

If you are talking about the foam type then it can be trimmed.  Use a straight board and maker to draw a line where it is to be trimmed.  Use an electric knife and just follow down the line.  The electric knife will cut it like soft butter.

Joe

Sleep nr is having the proverbial sale,  Final clearance on the P5 most (popular bed), no rounded corners $1,500 and step up for the P6 at $1,800 you do not need a base in the coach as long as it is like mine a sheet of plywood.

Our MH came equipped with a Sleep Number King mattress but better to our liking we added their CoolFit foam topper which made it all the more comfortable.

We have a 2" foam topper and a down mattress topper on the sleep number in the house, made a huge difference. We are actively seeking a sleep number for the coach, once the right sale comes along we are going to purchase one.

When you travel in the coach and can't wait to get home for a good nights sleep it's time to make a change.

Joe.  What do you have in coach now?

I bought a new Sealy memory foam for the house (Linda's #1, will be at #2 in 3 weeks) and got a 2" foam for the sleep number in my coach, makes a big difference and I sleep better!  Also, I don't disturb her, when I get up!