lemeulc

2000 V10 6.8l Transmission Slippage

I have a 2000 Pace Arrow with the V10 6.8l engine matched to their standard auto transmission  At operating temperature and idling on an upgrade, when I accelerate the transmission slips momentarily before it catches. I don't notice any other problems with shifting or other normal driving. My local technician has indicated that the speed sensors are OK. The fluid level is normal. The only other indication of an issue is that the light on the end of the gearshift blinks when I back into the garage. It does not blink in "drive". I would appreciate and sound advice on resolving this issue.  

If not too late on this one. This can sometimes signal the start of the Torque Converter going out. This was a weak point on the 4spd transmissions. If it is going out, or does go out in the future, spec a Heavy Duty Torque Converter vs Stock. Usually once a beefed up Heavy Duty unit is installed, your good to go for a very long time. 

Hope it was something simple, like a clogging filter and or fluid in need of service:)!

Best,

Smitty