barneyg76

Sources: Air Bags For 1999 Freightliner XC Chassis

Hello Everyone,

I blew an air bag (air spring). I think that they are all original, but hard to say since I bought the coach (1999 Itasca Suncruiser on 34' Freightliner XC chassis) used.

I'd like to change all 4 while I'm at it to be proactive.

I called Freightliner but the price they are asking seems REALLY high

I was given 2 sets of part numbers I'm guessing that the second set are the updated part numbers:

Front: NEW 90557221 Old part number
Rear: NEW 9057220 Old part number
Front: HLD 90557249
Rear: HLD 90557248

I've been told that there is some cross reference that can find the same bag that works on this at a lessor cost from another source than Freightliner.

Does anyone have any thoughts on a reasonably priced source?

Thank you

Look for a heavy duty truck parts supplier. NAPA does have some airbags available, in the east Fleetpride is a large source. Possible google hd truck parts in your area for others.

Wow!!! All great suggestions. Since it's after business hours, I'll give them all a call in the morning. 

WILDEBILL308: I checked that out and couldn't find anything using the part numbers (old/new/x ref from Firestone). I'll call tomorrow

jerrycarp: I checked that out and couldn't find anything using the part numbers (old/new/x ref from Firestone). I'll call tomorrow

hobart: Napa was open and were about $100 more on each (they are different part numbers for the front and back)

DickandLois: I did a check on Firestone version using your link and got an additional part number. Let's see if that offers any options

Thanks everyone

I find that Freightliner is not bad on most parts . Example the air cleaner for my Mercedes 926 ( NAPA $249.99 )  ( Freightliner $111.50 )  also all other filter prices are good.

At least in the Denver area NAPA has a filter sale once a year. Each individual store picks when this occurs. The sale price of WIX Gold filters is equal to 50% off the regular price. Not too bad considering the price of some of this stuff. That said NAPA is becoming more like a Checkers,  and the other box stores unless you live in No Where Nebraska or Kansas.

Bill Edwards