I am looking for the cheapest way to get TV and internet in my RV. I have Comcast TV phone and internet. I don’t relay want to have both cable and satellite. I am thinking of getting a smart phone if I can stream programing from Comcast. Can’t afford both either smart phone or satellite receiver, but I do have Comcast. What to do it is all so confusing. Please help grumpy grandpa. Bob Harper does the streaming from a cell phone tower get weaker the further you are from it? Will it buffer and take two hours to watch a one hour show can I pare a smart phone to my TV and watch all my xfinity programing as long as I am in a hot spot

Grumpy Grandpa,

Welcome to the Forum.

There are several way you can go. I prefer the Satellite dish. If you already have Dish or Direct at home you can used one of the receivers you have at home when you travel or you can get one for the coach. If I understand it if you a smart TV and a Smart phone with enough data you can stream TV and movies to your TV. I don't know much about this setup, maybe some one else such as Bill Adams might be the best one for this.

Herman

Even if you could save the cost of a satellite TV subscription you would eat through so much cellular data you would be begging to pay for satellite TV.  You can get by with just your OTA TV antenna if you camp near cities and don't care about much else other than ABC., NBC, CBS, FOX.  If you want more, you need satellite TV.  Keep your cell phone data available for your internet needs and life will keep a pretty good balance.