Sign in to follow this  
rgustafson15150@mac.com

South Florida Diesel

Question

We will be traveling in late January to Key West, driving a 40 ft DP with a tow. Looks like we have lots of options when it comes to RV parks the night before we hit the Keys. I am more concerned about finding a good diesel fill location along 95 or the Turnpike. I see there is a Flying J near Ft. Pierce -- I'm concerned that might be stretching it for a round trip to Key West. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Also, I am thinking about taking 27 north on the return trip just for a change in scenery. Any comments about the condition of 27 for RV travel will also be much appreciated.

3 answers to this question

There is a large truck stop about 4 miles west of the turnpike in Miami on Tamiami Trail (s.w. 8 st) it is located at the entrance to the Everglades and you can easily return back to the turnpike. DADE CORNERS MARKET PLACE, 17696 SW 8TH ST, MIAMI, FL, 33194

27 is not bad but you do spend a lot of time on the south end stoping at red lights through several small cities (south bay, clewiston).

Hi DLS15150,

I just came back from a week down below Marathon. For fuel, at MM 39 there is a large CG (on the right heading south on RT 1). Just beyond the entrance they have a store that sells diesel, easy in and out. They also sell propane, easy in and out. About 8 miles further south there is a traffic light. Just after the light, on the left (heading south) there is a True Value hardware store. They sell diesel. Turn left at the street just past the store and immediate left again into the diesel fueling pump. The price is the same as any place in South Florida ($2.90/gal).