raptor4070

Electric Sun Shades

I have a 2003 Beaver Baron and am having trouble with both my driver side and passenger sun shades, both are locked in the down position. On the driver side of my rig in one of my compartments there is a fuse box which houses the fuse, I changed the fuse with the recommended amps because it was blown however still no power to either shade. Any ideas of where else I can troubleshoot? Thanks I appreciate any assistance.    

Raptor.  Are you getting power from fuse to switch, or motor?  Each awning has it's own motor...you can manually roll up the awnings if you need to move the rig.  Do you have more than the two shades mentioned, window or main awning that is electrical?  Are they working?

Carl

Joe.  Yes and very!  Door awning is over $900...my coach came with one, the engine crashed, called to have one sent to Mexico, Stopped making my model# about the time my coach was built..:angry: But I could have a new one for above price +s/h and export/import fees to Mexico...It would come from Mexico Factory to USA and back to me in Mexico! :angry::angry:

Obedb, try a RV salvage yard, see if they have a pair you can purchase. I am sure you can retro them into your coach.

Kay.  How did you get color selection and different size awnings?  Could not find that on site.

Carl, did not get color selection they are black sun visor/screen's, not awnings. If you need awning replacement material type RV awning fabric in the search box. The url came up fine for me again, you may need to copy and paste the address on the address line, depending on which engine you are using.

This is confusing...Since the OP's question and everything else had to do with window power awnings...where did sun screen come from? 

Sorry, my bad...my mind apparently was out to lunch without me! :lol: Kay your right, sun shad's!  Never mind the color part. :ph34r:

Sorry for the late response but I've had the same problem with the passenger side windshield roller shade on a 2005 Newmar Mountainaire 4303. Had power at the shade but it did not work though drivers side did. They are made by auto-motion out of canada http://www.automotionshade.com

Mine is 28" wide and has a 25" drop.   Newmar cost $301 plus shipping ... Automotion cost $160 plus shipping and they are great people to deal with