bigkelly

2010 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 42skq Tire Pressures

Can anyone give me a good starting point for tire pressures? The tires are 275/80R 22.5. I can only weigh the axles individually, Gross weight including my trailer is 51,600. I have 105 psi in my steering tires. I'm unsure as to how much pressure to inflate the dual drives and tag axle tires to. Thanks.

Kelly

Kelly,

So, what are your individual axle weights?

What brand/series are your tires?

Gross COMBINED weight is not relevant for coach tire pressures-- axle weights for the three coach axles are.

I will have to get those weights. My wife is using it for the next couple weeks working out of town. Thanks for the reply I will post that information when she returns.

On 5/6/2017 at 6:21 PM, bigkelly said:

I will have to get those weights. My wife is using it for the next couple weeks working out of town. Thanks for the reply I will post that information when she returns.

The safest practice is to inflate to max on sidewall until you know what your weights are then you can adjust them.;)

Bill 

If you cannot get individual "corner" weights as you can at large FMCA Conventions from RVSEF and other companies the next best thing to do is to get axle weights which is an easy process at truck-stop scales such as CAAT scales and similar.

I believe that people should NOT simply divide by 2 and assume each end of an axle carries 50% of the axle total. A reasonable and conservative approach is to assume the heavy end has 52% of the measured load.

Using that figure you can then use the tables to learn the suggested MINIMUM inflation needed. I also suggest that an additional margin of 10% of the minimum inflation be added to help establish the morning CIP.

Set your TPMS warning level to warn at the MINIMUM number of psi and just review your CIP reading from your TPMS each morning and as long as you are 5% or more above your minimum you should be good to go. When you see you are down to only 5% margin then you can plan on adding a few psi at the next fuel stop.