captainjustice

Dash Cover Recommendation

Looking for a recommendation for a dash cover for my 2016 Forest River Georgetown XL 378. Looking for something that will be in place permanently and has a surface appropriate for a wandering cat :D

In the FMCA magazines, there are several companies offering custom fit Dash covers, though I've seen some reviews that some are not as "custom fit" as they claim. Might be worth checking in to.

Shade Pro makes excellent dash covers that fit well. Very happy with the quality, fit and finish. The back has a vulcanized coating that is great for wandering paws. 🐾

I would be cautious doing business with shade pro.   I bought 4 window awnings and 1 main awning fabric from them at the Chandler FMCA convention.  I installed the window awnings ok.  When I installed the main awning I discovered that it was made too small.  I have a Dometic electric One Step.  I had given them all the information that they requested and they told me they could make the fabric to fit even though it would be a little different at the attachment to the weather guard.  The one they sent me was 4 inches too narrow and 3 inches too short. The width was not as important but the length was because it would not let the awning extend all the way so the arms would be straight, lowering the roller tube down about 12 inches and putting the correct slope on the awning.  They refused to to remake it to the correct size saying the only thing they would do was to make a soft connect 3 inches wider to make up the shortage.  That would make the aluminum  weather guard start half way around the roller tube when rolled up showing the soft connect.  Not acceptable.  I had a local upholstery shop cut and extend the fabric to the correct length however its still too narrow and I will have to live with that.

If you are just trying to protect your dash from  cat claws and don't want to spend a lot of money try bathroom rugs. We bought three brown rugs from Walmart. Covers the area easily. They have a backing (rubber?) that keeps them in place. Wash them or replace them. No one has ever noticed what they are, and we travel with two large cats. One 14lbs/ big guy just over 15lbs.

Of course if you feel the need to look really cool to your guests, you can spend a lot of dough for (maybe) a perfect fit . Who knows?