20monaco

Kingdome In Motion Sat Dish

Will a Kingdome in motion satellite dish still work for directv or do I will I have to upgrade to a new dish if I want to use directv.  Kingdome seems to take a long time to find satellite and changing channels causes Kingdome to search for new signal/satelite.

Yes, it should work just fine with DirecTV.  Just be sure to set the receiver to (repeat satellite setup) to #1 18" round and the switch type to Multi-switch (not SWM).  King Dome will likely tell you the antenna will not work due to changes made by Dish Network but most users are not having issues.  You do not say what year (how old) the antenna is and whether it has a digital display allowing satellite changes but I will assume it's not too old and you do have that digital control box.

You also cannot use a Genie receiver HR24,44,54 or the H25 stand alone receiver.  H24 or lower or the D12 SD receivers should work.

Bill,  Thanks for your help.   My ant is 2006 or 7 (coach is 2007).  I do have the digital display and can manually set the zone I'm in and it will lock on satellite.  My receiver has died so now directiv is sending me a new one so I better call them back and make sure it's a H24 or lower or the D12.  Thanks again.  Tim

Call right away!  The are likely sending you the wrong receiver.  I doubt they will send you a D12 (they are ending SD broadcasts at some point in the future) but and H24 or HR24 (DVR) should work just fine.