hayesfamily

Maryland/Pennsylvania/Virginia Weekend Warrior Camping

June 2nd -4th Ramblin Pines - Woodbine MD

July 27-30th Harrisburg East Campground

August 11-13th Merry Meadows Freeland MD

In a couple of weeks I will be talking to my new RV buddy from Pennsylvania ... We will probably talk about this so Ill put this out now.  

In the Mid-Atlantic area specifically Maryland, Delaware, Central and Eastern Pennsylvania, and Northern and Western Virginia there has to be families that do a lot of weekend camping because they work for a living.

At least once a month I will do some weekend camping and I want to open that opportunity up to anyone else who may be available. The folks that call our Bounder home when away from home ... we are some of the nicest down-to-earth people you will ever meet. We don't bite and we are more than willing to try what you have when your grill and share what may be on ours.  

I figured this forum would be a way for me to extend the invitation for anybody that wants to come out. Please message me and ill give you any info on the campgrounds we have.  

Keon, hope this works out well for you, wish I was in your area during the summer months. We have a similar club here though, most of the time we meet up at Tannehill State Park, about 15 miles from where I live. We have 4 main events a year and then some in between. Here is the url for the Northern chapter of FMCA, you might find some interesting people and reads. http://www.easternarea.net/Northern.html

Hey Yall - Thanks for the encouragement

I didnt get into this lifestyle not to meet folks and not to be friendly. I want to meet new people and get new perspectives.  SO I figured I would put the information out and maybe someone will join us. If they dont, Ill convenience the people next to me to come on the forums and give FMCA a try. 

I dont want to be one who talks a good talk but dont walk the walk. I said I would be open to getting my age group and special interest together and I mean it. So, here is my contribution to the world of Motorcoach camping --- come out and lets EAT!

17 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Keon, I hope things work and you get a good turn out. This is what it takes to get started.

Bill

Speaking of Turn out, maybe the wrong forum and I am sure Ill get busted if it is, but there was rumor of opening FMCA up to 5th Wheel and Bumper Pull campers. Is this true?

Keon, Kay has a hidden gem in his backyard! You have to check out that website and add that place to your must do list. We are headed through there in 2018 in route to TX I believe, or I'm going to go that way regardless. Hopefully we can spend some more time with Kay and Sue while in route to Galveston.

Here is a picture of the camp store's interior.

IMG_2679.JPG

When Kay told me it was a state park, I cringed, as it turns out those are only bad words up in the NE when you own a motorhome :lol:.

Crab season open up there now?  Here I thought we where the only ones with big, juicy blue crabs, with some of that "Slap yo Momma" on it. 

Beat's the H out off old bay!

Keon, spend our time traveling between Thousand Trails parks in PA, Hershey, PA Dutch, Circle M and for the winter we are staying at Hershey Camping Resort. IF you are ever up this way again give me a shout out.

I am still working so this is our try it before we go full time when I retire. Thought I should explain why we are staying in one area.

4 hours ago, Mypopslou said:

Keon, spend our time traveling between Thousand Trails parks in PA, Hershey, PA Dutch, Circle M and for the winter we are staying at Hershey Camping Resort. IF you are ever up this way again give me a shout out.

I am still working so this is our try it before we go full time when I retire. Thought I should explain why we are staying in one area.

Small world, we live 10 minutes from Intercourse PA. Yea that's really the name....

I was in Hershey today for work. 

Ever stay here? http://twingrove.com/

YUP! Pretty funny names around these parts :lol:. All a stone throw from home. We go to Strasburg just past the railroad museum for ice cream. Neat old corner store with a soda fountain, its like walking back in time when you cross the threshold.

We bought this coach is Strasburg also. 

pops, keon and I are meeting up in Gettysburg early November, if interested PM one of us for details. Just a no frills weekend of relaxation before I pack up the coach for the season. Probably a weekend of eating too much and doing nothing else, just hope it's warm out.

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

YUP! Pretty funny names around these parts :lol:. All a stone throw from home. We go to Strasburg just past the railroad museum for ice cream. Neat old corner store with a soda fountain, its like walking back in time when you cross the threshold.

We bought this coach is Strasburg also. 

pops, keon and I are meeting up in Gettysburg early November, if interested PM one of us for details. Just a no frills weekend of relaxation before I pack up the coach for the season. Probably a weekend of eating too much and doing nothing else, just hope it's warm out.

So now now can get to Gettysburg.:o:D:P

Bill

Joe.  Thanks for the thought, but I don't need Blue Balls! :o:rolleyes: The first 2 weeks of November we will be at the LA. State Fair in balmy Shreveport, LA.  I'll have a Ice Cream for you! :lol:

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Joe.  Thanks for the thought, but I don't need Blue Balls! :o:rolleyes: The first 2 weeks of November we will be at the LA. State Fair in balmy Shreveport, LA.  I'll have a Ice Cream for you! :lol:

In moderation Carl.....moderation :P

Bill, Carl, we are headed to New Orleans, AL coast and MS coast June/July we want to meet up with Kay and Sue also coming through AL. Maybe we should try and plan a small gathering?

Keon, you listening? :D

Within 2nd week of June is doable....after that, it's going to FMCA Annual Rally and I need to be there 3 days early....I don't do half the country in 2 weeks, we like to smell the roses on the way....we average 250 miles a day, when we drive and we don't drive every day! :) 

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

Bill, Carl, we are headed to New Orleans, AL coast and MS coast June/July we want to meet up with Kay and Sue also coming through AL. Maybe we should try and plan a small gathering?

Keon, you listening? :D

Umm humm ... Talking to the DW as we speak.  

We will be going to the Winter Convention in Perry, GA this March. Should be at least a three  to four week trip for us.

Our normal route is, Shreveport, LA, then Meridian, MS., Ft. Benning, GA/AL and then into Perry for 12 days. Like Carl we don't travel more than 250 to 300 miles a day and do sometime stay more than one night somewhere. When in Ft. Benning we will stay at least three days maybe more. Wonderful Military Fam Camp and only $20.00 per day. Haven't set our return yet. Who knows we may go see the Jets in Pensacola.

Love to see some of you'll along the way.

Herman