Sign in to follow this  
isaaac1

Six State Rally in Texarkana?

I joined the FMCA a few months ago after buying my first class A motorhome, and thanks to another message on the forum I just became aware of the six state south central area rally occurring about 200 miles away in Texarkana in October.  I see in the registration page that golf carts are available to rent, and I was wondering if it is spread over a large enough area where these are necessary / desirable for reasonably able bodied individuals?

thanks Ike

If your ambulatory and don't mind a up to 5 minuet walk, then NO!  I'm not, so I will !  Goggle 4 Flags RV Park, Texarkana, It's off Exit 2 on I-30, in AK.

Carl

Ike,

Welcome to both FMCA and the Forum.

With regards to the South Central, Six-State Rally in Texarkana there are some distances between the Main Building, where the vendors and entertainment will be held and where the Seminars rooms will be. However we will have both Golf Cart Trams and Trolleys running all day long and to and from the nightly entertainment. There will be Golf Carts for rent from 9:00 am on Wednesday till Noon on Saturday. The cost will be $270.00 for a 2 passenger cart and $350.00 for a 4 passenger cart for that period of time. 

Should you need and further information don't hesitate to send me a personal message here and I will give you my phone number.

Again Welcome and I look forward to meeting you in Texarkana.

Herman

Herman.  About time you showed up! :) Linda has all my stuff and info...I get it back Tuesday!  See you Wed.?

Thanks,

On a side point are personal electric  golf carts allowed, and do they require special licensing, proof of insurance, etc?

Ike,

Personal carts are welcomed. You will be on private property and no special licensing is required. I am not sure about others but my Home Owners Policy covers my cart as long as it is on personal or private property and not on a public street. 

Many folks have both the Crickets and full size carts while some even have Segways(?). Some are electric and some are gas. The ones we rent are Gas. I bring my own cart for the DW and I am provided one for my use during the event.

Herman

Thanks for letting me know, my DW has some mobility issues that come and go so if she is having issues when it is time for the rally (and assuming she makes the trip, its too early to tell what her work related obligations will be) I may bring the electric golf cart that is on the family farm.