aldebruijn

Advice On Selling Our 2004 Safari Panther

Sadly our health requires us to sell our beloved Safari Panther. We'd also like to sell the tow vehicle along with it, which is a Subaru Forrester.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to list it? It's up on the Safari International Facebook page already. Local RV dealers (we're in the Sacramento, California area) take a huge cut if sold on consignment. 

We've created a flier to promote the rig. What else should we do?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Albert and Linda

Bill, they only have PPL in Texas!  These folks are in California!  Besides that, PPL only sells on consignment, 15%. 

43 minutes ago, manholt said:

Bill, they only have PPL in Texas!  These folks are in California!  Besides that, PPL only sells on consignment, 15%. 

True, but if they can't find a deal they like in Ca. there are alternatives.

Bill

I just sold my old motorhome that I had listed on Craigslist.  I had it listed in Mohave County in Arizona only but was amazed that I was getting inquiries from thousands of miles away.  I ultimately sold it for more that I had listed it for in 5 weeks.  Just completed the deal 2 weeks ago after picking the buyer up in Las Vegas.  He was from the northwest some 1500 miles away.

RV Trader.com, Motorhome magazine, craigslist, even twitter for a short blip ad (142 characters)

Sorry you are forced to sell your traveling companion.  I used to own a Safari Trek; actually lived in it full time for about a year.  We had a snow leopard mural on the back of it that was absolutely gorgeous!  

Best of luck to you.

21 hours ago, manholt said:

DD.  That should make the, new to you one, taste better! :)

It sure does.  Had the new one painted the same color and design as the old one.

I was able to keep a number of improvements from my old coach such as the automatic satellite dish, Alcoa wheels, hubs and drums, 3000 watt inverter, 6 AGM batteries, solar panels and MPPT controller, and other misc items.