talgutbir

Slide Out Electrical Issue

Hi All,

We have a power gear slide out with a second slide in it (slide within a slide).  When setting up and extending the slide it opened but when it was extended the inner slide did not come out.

When checking for power I found that the slide motor gets power when I click the IN button but not the OUT button. The system uses the intellitec buttons. I tested the intellitec box and I see 12v when pressing the IN and I also see a reverse -12v when pressing the OUT.

I switched the wires at the motor connection so when I press IN the slide does go out so nothing is wrong with the mechanics of the slide.

I has (i guess) a feature that prevents the inner slide to be moved before the outer slide has been extended so not sure where to go from here.

One interesting thing to mention, when checking the two wires at the motor connection with Ohm meter I see that the circuit is "closed" which I am not sure this is right.  I tried tracing the motor wires all the way back to the intellitec control but could not see all the way.

Any help??

talgutbir.

I switched the wires at the motor connection so when I press IN the slide does go out so nothing is wrong with the mechanics of the slide.

The point where you reversed the wires, was that at a circuit board ? there are 2 relays that toggle and switch the positive and negative feed to the motor, you did that manually. So that would most likely indicate a defective fuse, relay or solder connection.

Rich.

Note, one would also have to consider a connection in the control wiring for the relay coils or at the toggle switch you use to move the slide in and out. For sure half of the circuit is working because by reversing the wire to the motor the slide changes direction.

Rich,

I switched the wires at the motor connection.  There is a quick connect there.  I did not do it at the control board.  Any idea how to test to find where the problem is?

Carl,  Just to have more space i guess??

I can see some benefit from that operation. You wouldn't take up as much room with the slides in yet have more room with them out.

Bill

If this is a true double pole double throw, check the back of the switch and make sure that the crosswires haven't become unconnected or if soldered, that the solder has not overheated and simply dropped loose. If not a dp/dt, the out can easily be replaced with one to control both directions.

I would try to get a wiring diagram and see if there is a limit switch that keeps the one slide from moving before the main one is extended. By the way what coach/ model is this? I don't think I have ever actually seen that setup in person.

Bill

5 hours ago, talgutbir said:

Rich,

I switched the wires at the motor connection.  There is a quick connect there.  I did not do it at the control board.  Any idea how to test to find where the problem is?

Carl,  Just to have more space i guess??

The first item to check is if the coach still under warranty.  If not then it comes down to your skills working with electrical systems and the ability to find wiring drawings and help from the Technical help desk. The control module(s) could be located in a number of locations.

The other item that would help the Group is to know the Make, Model and year the coach was built. That gets everyone on the same page.

Rich

1 hour ago, kaypsmith said:

If this is a true double pole double throw, check the back of the switch and make sure that the crosswires haven't become unconnected or if soldered, that the solder has not overheated and simply dropped loose. If not a dp/dt, the out can easily be replaced with one to control both directions.

This is a multiplex switch. I took it off and it look fine. I also hear the "click" in the intellitec box and I checked for voltage at the box and it seems fine.  I don't think it would be easy to bypass the whole mulitplex system to wire a hard switch.

56 minutes ago, DickandLois said:

The first item to check is if the coach still under warranty.  If not then it comes down to your skills working with electrical systems and the ability to find wiring drawings and help from the Technical help desk. The control module(s) could be located in a number of locations.

The other item that would help the Group is to know the Make, Model and year the coach was built. That gets everyone on the same page.

Rich

I found all the control modules but not sure how to test them since its a multiplex system.

The coach is a 2010 Monaco Dynasty model is Majestic V.  Out of warranty so I am on my own here.  I will try Moncao tomorrow for a wiring diagram but don't have much hope since I asked before about something else and they didn't know.  I will try Power Gear too.

talgutbir, Thanks for the information !

This is a link to the owners manual for your coach if you do not have it. It is 300 plus pages. There are no electrical drawings, but pages 123 and 124 cover the slide systems. 

http://www.monacocoach.com/resources/media/manuals/2010_Dynasty.pdf

Now, you coach uses a Lippert Electric system, so I will see if there might be some information on it.

The systems have numerous safety interlocks before the slides will work.

Also, I know that there is a post covering an electrical slide issue, that required the replacement of the bedroom control module, that sounds very much like yours. So just maybe that coach owner will chime in.

Rich. 

This is a link to a newer chassis pdf file that might be good to have on file. They do not change a lot year to year.

file:///C:/Users/Data%20Base/Desktop/moaco_chasae_2016_dip_rm.pdf

These Drawings are close to what you might find. They cover a HR coach built by Monaco.

Monaco Slide system circuit Drawings.docx

Update:  I found the 3 relays and noticed that one of them is hot and always close the coil (it has power to is all the time) which is not right.  I traced this to the inner slide magnet switch.  Once I "open" (disconnect the magnet side) that switch the relay is fine.

I also called Monaco and they are working to find the electrical drawings. So far it looks like the Intellitac module/sfaety switch that is the problem.

Getting closer.....any ideas will be appreciated or if anyone knows someone in the Denver, CO area that knows these Multiplex/Intellitec systems

I would look and see if there is an adjustment to the Magnet switch. Look for what the sequence would be during the operation.

Bill

The switched are basically magnetic rectangular.  Like the old alarm system that you put on windows.  No adjustment can be made other than to make sure they are close to each other.

So it is a locater type setup. The magnets tell something(Controller) that the slide is in this position and now it can? I would look for what the sequence would be during the operation. Such as do both parts of the slide move /extend at the same tim? Or does the main part move all the way then the inner slide move? Can you get it to move in and out now? 

Bill

"The switched are basically magnetic rectangular." Yes like the magnetic locator switch on your front door that controls the front steps.

Bill

Bill,

The main (outer) slide move first. Once fully extended, the secondary (inner) slide starts to go out.  This is revered when you close the slides.

I reverse the wires on the inner slide motor to take it out. Once its out I put the wires back to normal and I can than push the close button and it will close correctly, however at that poit the one relay stays energized which in not right. 

At what point does the magnet make contact?  Can you switch relays to see if it makes a difference? My relays are all together. When I had a problem with the bedroom slide I switched moved the wiring connection/cannon plug with one of the front slides, controllers and used the switch for the front slide to operate it.

Bill

The outer slide has 2 magnets.  One closes (touch each other) when it is fully open and one when it is fully closed.

The inner slide has only one magnet and it closes when the slide is fully closed.

I tried switching the relays around with same results...

Hopefully you can get some wiring diagrams or one of our more knowledgeable people will come along. See what you can find in the links Rich posted.

Bill

Thanks Bill!  I looked at the document from Rich and unfortunately it doesn't look like mine.  I hope that some of the more knowledgeable members will see this and might have an idea how to go about it.  Still waiting for Monaco to call back with info. 

The controller for the slide room might be setup like this.

USRE44002

Jun 29, 2012

Feb 19, 2013

Lippert Components Manufacturing, Inc.

Retractable room actuation assembly for recreational vehicle.

This is the PDF file you will be looking at when you open the like above 

file:///C:/Users/Data%20Base/Downloads/USRE44002.pdf pages 6 and 7

Rich.

USRE44002.pdf

They should be able to send them to you by email. 

"I reverse the wires on the inner slide motor to take it out. Once its out I put the wires back to normal and I can than push the close button and it will close correctly, however at that point the one relay stays energized which in not right." 

Check and see if the switch is working right. I believe it is a temporary switch (only makes contact when you hold it) and when you release it the power should be off.

By relays, we are talking about the slide control circuit board. 

Bill

Rich,  Thanks for link. I have an idea of the sequence. I am now trying to figure out why the one relay energizes when the inner slide closes. All relays should go into "open" position.

Bill, see picture of relay (3), magnet, and the control board.

Intellitac slide module.jpg

relay.jpg

magnet.jpg

Good Pictures! Think you mentioned that there is more then on of the Tyco relays. Do they have the same numbers on them ? Can you possibly change the one pictured with a second relay. If one of them is defective the system should change regarding the operation. The second option to check the relays is with an Ohm meter to see if there is a different reading on the same pins. You need to make notes on what connections you are reading regarding from what point to the other and repeat the same sequence on the other(s)

The information on the one in the picture is a 20 to 30 amp relay and I'm thinking that on of them might have the high current contacts welded together ?

Also, the fuses pictured are 10 amp and there should be some 20 amp or bigger fuses in the circuit that protect the motor circuit. I also see that 2 of the 10 amp fuses at the top are labeled telescope and travel lock.

Talgutbir, from way your approaching the issue, I know that you have some expositor to wiring or control circuits!B)

Like Bill mentioned Monaco should have drawings of the system that they could send you.

Now to do some looking up of the numbers in the pictures. LOL

Bingo - First hit !

http://www.intellitec.com/assets/pdf/1453-intellitec-pdf-template-53-00916-000.pdf

Relay info. link. these relays do not come in a permanent magnet operation configuration. 

http://www.te.com/commerce/DocumentDelivery/DDEController?Action=showdoc&DocId=Data+SheetV23234-X0000-A0010314pdfEnglishENG_DS_V23234-X0000-A001_0314_234_0314.pdf2-1904025-3

The Next question is what or where is the magnetic switch that the magnet in the picture activates?

This is a link to some reed switch information and the second stile switch might be incorporated into your wiring it is not a common practice. A bad one or misaligned one could be keeping the relay coil on, an running hot.

http://www.reedswitchdevelopments.com/about-reed-switch-developments-corp/reed-switch-operation/

Rich.