talgutbir

Slide Out Electrical Issue

talgurbir, The plot thickens! They constantly are changing things and with the trade agreements, parts are coming from offshore. 

The waters get muddier every year.

The two links below are for Accuslied service and parts information. The third link is for information on there expandable slide information. Think they come from Britain. 

http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/accuslide/accuslide_material-list.pdf

http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/accuslide/accuslide_service-manual.pdf

Accuslide expandable room information.

http://norcoind.com/bal/products/oem/accuslide/index.shtml

Rich.

They don't talk about wiring requirements so I am not sure if there is an electronic box between the motor and my electrical system.  I am going to dive in and try to follow the motor wires.

1 hour ago, talgutbir said:

They don't talk about wiring requirements so I am not sure if there is an electronic box between the motor and my electrical system.  I am going to dive in and try to follow the motor wires.

The wiring information has been a weak link for a number of coach builders.

From the links is there anything that looks like your system?

Think you mentioned it, but does the slide motor relay stay warm even if you disconnect the cable from the 120 module? If the relay does - then there has to be a power source the the relay coil some where.

Rich.

Rich, It's my inner slide in your link but no talk about electrical requirement.

The relay Doesn't stay hot  if I disconnect the small red wire.

Here  is where I am right now:

1. when connecting volt meter to the outlet of the Intellitec box where the motor wires are connected I get 12v in both cases IN and OUT when the buttons are pushed so this is okay and I start tracing the wires from this point and going along to the motor. The Intellitec box is in the front top cabinets above the front seats (some people have a TV at that location) and they are going along the ceiling above the windshield.  I can't see where they go from there and that is my big problem right now. 

I think I might be onto something...I now can hear a "click" coming from one of the cabinet in the bathroom when I try to operate the inner slide. I will try to get to it tomorrow...might be the bad relay all of you talked about...

Found some pictures of coach like your's, I think.

They might help me get a better visual regarding where things are located and the space you are working in.

Relative to the pictures you have taken of the control modes if the picture match you'r coach. I found 23 pictures of the coach with a number of them taken of the interior.

Rich

2010 Monaco Dynasty model is Majestic V.docx

7 hours ago, talgutbir said:

I think I might be onto something...I now can hear a "click" coming from one of the cabinet in the bathroom when I try to operate the inner slide. I will try to get to it tomorrow...might be the bad relay all of you talked about...

talgurbir, Question- The pictures of the Tyco Relay and the Magnet - Where are they located. I know you mentioned the magnet is close to the refrigerator wall next to the back of the slide extension. That magnet does not move, so what moves close to it and could you get a picture of it? and where does the Tyco relay mount that you had in your hand?

Wish you had a wire tracer called a Fox and Hound. The Fox puts a tone on the wire and the hound is a receiver that allows you to kind of fallow the wire around, under and through the path it takes to get from one point to another.   

Rich. 

Look at your meter it may have a circuit tester feature. When you touch the probe to both ends of a wire it will sound a tone if you have a circuit. This is useful when you can't see a wire because it is in a bundle or behind something. 

Bill

The reason for asking is that Monaco went bankrupt in 07, but they had the 2010 model on assembly line in 09 and the Court OK'd the Bankruptcy in 09.  So any schematic your looking for is probably a 2008.  In 2011 Monaco had the max Force Engine!

Carl 

4 hours ago, manholt said:

The reason for asking is that Monaco went bankrupt in 07, but they had the 2010 model on assembly line in 09 and the Court OK'd the Bankruptcy in 09.  So any schematic your looking for is probably a 2008.  In 2011 Monaco had the max Force Engine!

Carl 

Carl,

I think ours was finished in 08 so might be some hope of getting it. Still waiting for Monaco to call back.. 3 days, not great service..

I am going to open up the cabinet later today to see where this hidden relay is.  Looking for 12v to the motor, it seems good up until the area where this relay is so I am hopeful.. will update later tonight

Looking at the date of the Tyco, I would guess 07 Drawings, and it's not Monaco's fault that they are unable to Service you better.  Before Allied / REV group took over, it was owned by another Group that bought everything from the court and completely re-designed the coach, their the ones who own Max Force Engine.

Suggest you get in touch with the FMCA Monaco Owners Chapter.  Someone may have your rig and the schematic for the slide-within a-slide!

Carl  

Guys... JUST SOLVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a picture of where the second relay is located.  If I didn't hear the click I would never guess it is there. Would need the wiring diagram to fix it.  One wire came lose...4 days of taking apart the RV..

I can't say enough thank you to all of you who took so much time to try and help.

Second relay location.jpg

The tyco relay available at most auto stores such as Auto Valve, NAPA, etc, less than $10.

They will not have the tab  with hole, you will have to make means to secure.

You can get then with different contact capacity.  Would use a zip tie and stable to secure.

Nice job of troubleshooting.

Jim

Allot of high 5's to you for being a real trooper and staying with it. The information gleaned from this post will help someone down the road ! You can take the lead on the next one.LOL

Thanks for tolerating the old guy, I love challenging issues and without the proper paper work - it has been one of the top 5 for sure. The road trip should go better now!

Rich. 

1 hour ago, DickandLois said:

Allot of high 5's to you for being a real trooper and staying with it. The information gleaned from this post will help someone down the road ! You can take the lead on the next one.LOL

Thanks for tolerating the old guy, I love challenging issues and without the proper paper work - it has been one of the top 5 for sure. The road trip should go better now!

Rich. 

Rich,

I still didn't hear from Monaco but contacted George who is selling the same RV online.  He was nice enough to agree to talk on the phone today and told me that he had problems with the slide and the dealer took the safety switches out.  The good news, he has the wiring diagram for the slide circuit and other useful info.  He is mailing all that to me for future use.

Cheers,

Tal

Rich,

I finished the wine and unfortunately even though the slide is working fine, that relay when the slides are closed is staying engaged.  Not sure why.

The owner of the other Monaco like mine is mailing the wiring for these slides (still no call from Monaco) so when I get it I will try to solve the issue. He said that in his coach they disconnected the magnets since he had the same issues.

Is there any chance that this relay is an interlock that allows operation of the slide when the coach the chassis engine is not running.  Might want to start you engine to see if it de=energizes. 

Do your coach have a permissive switch for the slides?

Jim

Jim,

I will check if it goes out when ignition in on but what happens when you leave the coach parked with slides in, say for storage?

There is no master switch that you need to turn on before operating the slides.  I guess I can always put one on this relay to cut the power to it.

36 minutes ago, DickandLois said:

Hi Jim, Think if you look at this picture - there is a lock of sorts if I understand what that small button in between the two larger ones?

Rich. 

Rich,

Where is the picture?

Tal