wolfe10

Winnebago Aspect 26A/Itasca Cambria 26A

Dianne and I are looking to downsize.  One of the coaches on our list (just from internet searching) is the 2005-2008 Winnebago Aspect 26A/Itasca Cambria 26A.

We are in League City, TX (just south of Houston).  Would really appreciate it if anyone in the area would allow us to look at theirs so we can rule in/out that selection.

Thanks.

Don't know quite yet.

We have been spoiled by aspects of our three DP's over the last 19 years, but have places we know that we have not been able to go with our larger rigs. In the meantime, gasoline engines have progressed quite a bit (both power and economy) while diesels have become quite a bit more complex.

Not ruling in/out any power source, but at this point, looking for a better quality shorter coach.

Again, never seen an Aspect/Cambria 26A, but on paper like its size, long wheelbase/overall length, good power to weight ratio, good CCC, etc.  Could fall in love or be disappointed.  Smart enough to want to do more investigation before ruling anything in/out.

9 hours ago, desertdeals69 said:

Did you sell your old coach?  I sold mine 2 weeks ago.

Bruce,

Yes, sold the Alpine to a nice couple from Washington state.  Going to miss driving that one, but are in the hunt for something 30' or under.  Hard to find fit and finish in the smaller ones. Same for acceptable WB/OL ratios. 

Good looking unit! Brett, I get it...believe me....I get it. DW loves the larger coaches, me I get nauseated before every trip, no faith we are going to get there and back. Other than comfort and ride of the DP I do miss the simplicity and dependability of my C. I have seen many of the Ford V10's and V8's with over 300,000 miles on them still going strong with little out of pocket along the way.

Diesel technology since 1998 ish has made these engines a nuisance. Don't go this long :wacko: that tail was a tough one!

old RV.JPG

15 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

Bruce,

Yes, sold the Alpine to a nice couple from Washington state.  Going to miss driving that one, but are in the hunt for something 30' or under.  Hard to find fit and finish in the smaller ones. Same for acceptable WB/OL ratios. 

Thats funny.  I sold mine to a guy from the Seattle area.  My new to me coach drives just fine so i'm good to go when we get back from Hawaii next week.

Brett.

Have you looked at PPL?  They got some C's at Motorhomes of Texas, Ron Carver in Katy and Texas City, Holiday World in Katy and League City.

Carl

Carl,

Yes, there and other places.  Just have not found a 26A to look at.  May drive to Cleburne, there is on there and one in Kennendale. 

Hate to drive 600 miles without even seeing one to know if it will fit our needs. That is the purpose of this thread-- see if we can even eye ball one in the Houston/Galveston area.

Yea, I saw that one...$53K is steep for a 2005.  There is a Ultra 2003 for less than $18K in Cleburne.

I had a 2008 Aspect 26A.  I'd be happy to answer any questions.  I sold it and now am in an Entegra Esteem 29V.  The Aspect was a nice rig.  I especially liked that there was room behind the driver's seat to put it all the way back.  The quality was pretty good.  I had full body paint and mine came from AZ so there was some significant clearcoat peeling on the roof sides and front cap.  I am a big guy 6' 250 and I found the commode very tight.  The shower is also on the small side but somehow we made it work.  Mine had every option including window awnings and Sat TV.  I would have kept it and still had it today if my wife hadn't gotten sick.  They are nice rigs and pretty well built.  I liked the slide out pantry and the roomy u shaped dinette.  It was the only dinette that I found comfortable.  The rocker chair also unbolts and can be moved about the cabin.  Good Luck!

I've owned a 2005 Itasca Cambria 26 foot for ten years.  I'd like to have a newer one but don't trust the quality of manufacture anymore.  My Cambria has never -- NEVER -- had a quality problem.  Doors and drawers function properly.  All systems just keep chugging along as they should.  In all that time the only thing I've had to replace is the door lock to the house door.  That said, one of the minor "wishes" for a design change would be the low black/gray water connection location.  The outlet that connects to your sewer hose is only about 14 inches from the ground and so doesn't have much of a slope to your sewer hose ground fixture.  I've been able to work around that, but it still requires me to be on my knees for a good part of that task.  Nothing has ever malfunctioned -- except the occupant occasionally.  I've been informed that all manufacturers of RVs have cut back on their Quality Assurance teams in order to collect more of a profit, and that's too bad because the word is out among RVers that newer RVs will spend a great deal of time in the shop getting retrofitted for quality that should have been done at the factory.  I would comment, also, that this is a motorhome that probably shouldn't house more than two or three occupants since its overall length is 26"6".