claytoncarroll1

Mismatched Front Tires

I purchased a new Winnebago Adventurer in 2011.  After six years of doing everything possible to make it drive well, I finally discovered that the factory had installed a 255-80-22.5 on one side and a 235-80-22.5 on the other front tire.  I contacted Winnebago and they blamed the dealership. I contacted the dealership and they blamed Winnebago.  No one is taking responsibility.  At no time during my 6 years of ownership were any of the tires were even removed from the rims.  No flats, nothing.  Now I feel like an idiot for not having noticed the mismatch but who would have thought of such an asinine situation.

1 hour ago, claytoncarroll1 said:

I purchased a new Winnebago Adventurer in 2011.  After six years of doing everything possible to make it drive well, I finally discovered that the factory had installed a 255-80-22.5 on one side and a 235-80-22.5 on the other front tire.  I contacted Winnebago and they blamed the dealership. I contacted the dealership and they blamed Winnebago.  No one is taking responsibility.  At no time during my 6 years of ownership were any of the tires were even removed from the rims.  No flats, nothing.  Now I feel like an idiot for not having noticed the mismatch but who would have thought of such an asinine situation.

Welcome to the forum. Well I bet I see a couple of new tires in your future. Hope that solves the problem.

Bill

3 hours ago, claytoncarroll1 said:

At least you won't be throwing away good tires as they are about aged out.

WOW! As mentioned above, its pretty much time to toss them anyway by their age. Curious, did you inspect the rears? I would say if the inners were shorter or taller by now you would have found out the hard way :wacko:.

Amazing that no one caught this in 6 years! :(:blink:

Agree, Bill.  I don't learn anything by Osmosis!  Just reading everything that's in coach will save a lot of frustration down the road!!

9 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

I believe this was a Friday 16:51 coach.:wub:

YUP, just before a holiday weekend!

It is hard to believe what went out the door back then. I think it is better today. As far as the different tire sizes are concerned, there is only a 13/16" difference in diameter. If the larger tire was on the passenger side ( low side of road crown ) no big deal.

My father bought a new 1998 35 ft chieftain and the dash was 2 inches from the windshield he noticed it when every time he put something on it he had to go on a treasure hunt to find what was missing and kitchen counters were not fastened down right he had to fight with them but they finally made it right. You would think they were doing it right by now.