fagnaml

Canton, TX "Trade Days" & Mill Creek Ranch RV Resort

When it's not LSU football season, every 6 weeks (+/-) my wife and I like to take the motorhome on a long-weekend adventure i.e.Thursday through Sunday (my career demands rarely allow a lengthy time away).  My wife learned from a neighbor that "First Monday Trade Days" in Canton, TX is an  enjoyable experience.  Some "Goggling" revealed what looks to be a nice RV resort named Mills Creek Ranch Resort that is near Canton --> https://millcreekranchresort.com/   The earliest "First Monday" weekend with spaces available is in August.

Has anyone on the forum been to the "First Monday Trade Days" and/or the Mill Creek Ranch RV Resort at Canton, TX?  Did you have an enjoyable time?  Any advise for exploring the big Trade Days venue?

Its the best place to stay for Trades Day because they shuttle you to the grounds. Two key pieces of information: the place is huge and it will hotter than hot in August.

Mike,

Mill Creek is a fairly nice Park. But you better check the pricing. The last time I heard it was in the neighborhood of $65.00/night. As Jim said August in Canton is VERY HOT. It is not a place that you can see in only one weekend. There are RV sites on the grounds. I might suggest checking with Canton Civic Center for availability.

Herman 

We were at a rally about 3 years ago there. Nice place but they get premium prices for all those going to Trade Days. Just looked at website. "Premium Pull Through Trade Days Weekend $69/day". There are several RV parks but no cheap ones during Trade Days.

Bill 

You might check into this further as about a month ago a few tornadoes went thru there. The campgrounds maybe full of workers. FYI

We went one time in August. 105, no breeze, no shade except in the un-airconditioned sheds with no breeze and people stacked like cord wood. That was the only time it took us less than 4 hours to see all of Canton we wanted to see.