f448596

2017 Jeep Cherokee After Towing Neutral Reset

Purchesed 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with new wiring harness for EPS system with switch and fuse.  

Tows fine, however, after towing the vehicle will not immediately allow the Neutral transmission unlock to reset to normal drive mode- also car will not start. After about an hour, the vehicle computer must reset and it starts and goes back to drive mode, but obviously hugely inconvenient.

Anyone have a similar issue and solved?  

Thank you.  

Alan

Welcome to the forum. I don't have any experience with your toad how ever I think I read about something similar. One poster found he had to do the process of setting it up for tow exactly the way the instructions stated and the same for taking it out of "tow mode". He made up a checklist to be shure he didn't miss or do a step out of order. I believe he was reporting the same problems. Try doing a search or read some of the postings under the "towing" heading. 

Let us know what the fix is 

Bill 

The engine should start even with the transaxle in neutral. I suspect that there is something wrong with the fuse or fuse switch . I had a 2015 and had no problems, moved up to Grand Cherokee for larger vehicle. When you are doing the setup and disconnect be sure you have the doors shut.