smitty777

FMCA & Verizon Offers Specifics?

Anyone know any of the FMCA & Verizon Data offer specifics? Suppose to include a MiFi and be under $50 a month. UDP, but not sure it is the new Verizon UDP plan, with Hotspot 10GB threshold, or a true UDP? 

TIA for any info, best to all,

Smitty

I wouldn't say there isn't such a benefit but there is nothing I can find under the benefits tab on the FMCA main page.

At present time I am using the MiFi. As I said, call for Noah at FMCA. The program is very new. If you are too sceptical,  than don't make the call. As everything in life, "It's your choice ".

Herman 

Herman,

That is not helpful to anyone.  Tell us what the program is, where we can find the information and how (not a phone call) to find out what the program involves.

You make it sound like it's a secret benefit that can only be given to those in the know.  I am hopeful that this is not the case and if it's not, there should be public information available somewhere on this site.

Your post says " As I said, call for Noah at FMCA".  As you said "where"?  Do I need to know a secret handshake or something?

It is the real deal and I'm as surprised as you, that it has not been posted yet, on FMCA, as a new benefit for all FMCA members!  It's $49.95, was passed by the legal department last week...So hopefully it will be on main page this coming week!

Carl 

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

At present time I am using the MiFi. As I said, call for Noah at FMCA. The program is very new. If you are too sceptical,  than don't make the call. As everything in life, "It's your choice ".

Herman 

So there is a program?

I read about it on two different forums. But no one knew any of the specifics of the plan... The since it was FMCA, thought I'd ask here on the FMCA forum:)!

I felt confident that it existed. But wanted to know:

-Was it a reseller working with FMCA

-Was it Verizon working with FMCA

-Verizon's definition of 'new' UDP, vs the older and no longer available Grandfathered UDP - are key bits of info I'd like to know. 

-For example the 'New UDP' for MiFi and or Tehtering and or Hotspot, is capped I believe at 10GB. (Love it, advertised all over the media as UDP - but gee, once you hit 10GB, it reverts to basically unusable speeds. For my intended usage, and as I understand it this was a MiFi device in the FMCA plan(?) - 10GB is not really going to cut it for me... 

-But, if it's really UDP at that price - I'd very much consider it, and then alter my existing Verizon plan accordingly to work along with it. 

This being a weekend when I first read about it, was not going to be able to all FMCA to ask if anyone could put me in contact with an FMCA rep to talk over the specifics... Was sure hoping to hear something from someone that had been at one of the FMCA gatherings and heard what this was all about... 

No worries, time will tell, and best to all,

Smitty

Again, I am sorry but you have to call FMCA (513-474-3622) and speak to Noah. I am not a computer, i phone, Android Geek. I do get unlimited Data that works very well for us when home. We live in the country in an all metal home. Until I got the MiFi I had to put my phone (Hot Spot) in the window to get at least 2 bars. Now with the MiFi we can go to any RV park and be on line no matter what kind if WiFi they have if they have WiFi at all. 

It is as simple as one two three. 1) Call Noah at FMCA, 2) ask your questions and 3) make your decision.

Sorry to be so blunt, but all you have to do is make a call and get all your questions answered. 

Herman 

If a discount plan exists there is simply no excuse that information on the plan is not posted here and on the FMCA website for all to see.  There are so many details that it's unlikely everyone would even know all of the questions to ask.

Sounds like a plan put together for the FMCA regionals and office personnel and been kept hidden from the public.  Not good.

FMCA is working with Verizon on a Jetpack UDP.
Full launch date has not been announced but is coming.
Stay tuned, It is coming. 

I find it interesting, according to Smitty, there is information about this plan on "two different forums" yet there is nothing on the FMCA forum. Apparently there is a serious leak and this should be investigated thoroughly by Congress. Oh, and the perpetrator/perpetrators should be beaten with a wet rope until a full public disclosure is made.

If poor Noah reads this forum he'll probably call in sick tomorrow or at least be prepared to keep the phone glued to his ear all day.

Herman, I'm right there with you on todays technology; once we moved past two cans with a waxed  string I became lost as a goose.

I can tell everyone were the leak came from but not until presented with a Supoena by the special Prosecutor to testify before the Senate committee. 

Til then I will remain silent. 😐

Herman 

Accomplish. Just as I was afraid, one of our own is part of the conspiracy to keep secrets - especially revealing the secret handshake. Shame, shame, shame. Think Gomer Pyle.

I bet if we get you out behind the barn and waterboard you you'll squeal like a pig. We'll get the info needed without involving the politicians because we know how busy there are running for re-election. 

No special prosecutor needed, Kay, as this will quickly turn in to mob rule.

Ya'll really need to get back out in your RV's. This keyboard time is making some stircrazy. Almost like the dead of winter.

But, then guess we can consider some it this entertainment time.

BTW, I did e-mail my contact at FMCA yesterday (who will read it tomorrow when he gets to work) and asked for more information on the program.  But, heck, look at all the fun we would have missed if it had been easy.

Too late, Brett.  The water boarding has been scheduled for midnight tonight. The mob will have the needed information long before the doors are unlocked at the FMCA office. The secret handshake will be shared for a small fee. I'm convinced its the key to obtaining the information on the Verizon plan. Herman has gone underground since the mob started gathering but never fear, we'll dig him out of whatever hole he has chosen to underground in. I will soon be headed to Natural Bridge Caverns to see if he's there. The mob is getting restless plus they are using the water boarding water to mix cocktails. Oh dear! We may need additional members for the mob so come one come all. All you need to know is the secret word to join the mob.

Two more weeks before we hit the road....stircrazy may be worse than cabin fever.

Come on Herman. Tell us what the secret handshake is so we can send the mob back home because they've about drank all the water boarding water.

Well I did get more detail information. Carrier pigeon express (Harder to have hijacked by them foreign, and not so foreign, agencies...). I open the lead sealed envelope, pulled out the leather parchment and started to read the details of the plan. Was interrupted by a roving band of Fuller Brush Men (My beard was in need of good new brush, so a priority item to me.) - and dang by the time I got back to the parchment - it had self destructed. 

So, suppose I'll just have to wait and see what other's may have received telepathically from those little green men who are putting the plan together. 

===

Yeah, it's Sunday - bit of rain here, and the DW has let me loose on the net again. (She is the one to blame.) 

We will find out, when we find out. Now excuse me, I hear the secret knock at the front door the coach - my afternoon beverage should have been delivered via the Bently (It's slight modified, with a ISM in it!!)

Best to all,

Smitty

1 hour ago, wolfe10 said:

Ya'll really need to get back out in your RV's. This keyboard time is making some stircrazy. Almost like the dead of winter.

BTW, I did e-mail my contact at FMCA yesterday (who will read it tomorrow when he gets to work) and asked for more information on the program.  But, heck, look at all the fun we would have missed if it had been easy.

There's the problem.  I am back out on the road in my RV and I NEED internet service.  If this was something that was prematurely leaked I wish "someone" has simply given that explanation and stated that details would be forthcoming rather than make it sound like some kind of a secret.  Maybe MH needs to take a break himself.  I tire very quickly of folks telling me what I should or should not be doing when I am doing nothing wrong.

2 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

See he has an insider who is going to leak details. There may be a Russian connection and there is probbabley some type of collusion going on.

Bill 

Darn it, Bill, I knew the Russians were involved. Do you have a reliable source for this information?  Maybe it will spare Herman the water boarding. Hic....hic. We're out of water.