smitty777

FMCA & Verizon Offers Specifics?

1 hour ago, Elkhartjim said:

Darn it, Bill, I knew the Russians were involved. Do you have a reliable source for this information?  Maybe it will spare Herman the water boarding. Hic....hic. We're out of water.

Are you using that "beechwood aged" water again? Herman likes that. Just remember giving him a turn on the beer bong is not waterboarding.:lol:

Bill

I believe the special prosecutor will be Comey, heard he's looking for a job!  I'm surprised this did not hit the Forum 3 1/2 weeks ago!  Amazingly, we do a better job in keeping secrets than the US Government...:rolleyes::blink:

Brett.  Your right.  I should be on my way to Taos, NM, but now I'm stuck until after Memorial Weekend...frustrating! 

The VZ plan is in the works however the president leaked it out at some rally before it had been run through the legal department. Don't know all the specifics but you can now sign up for the plan, just call membership services. You have to give them your credit card for billing. FMCA will get a few bucks if you do sign up. Supposedly you will get a new device every time one is available, at least once a year at no charge.

So, everyone sit back and put your tin foil hats on, and take some deep breaths

Hello all,

Staff has been busy putting together a new member benefit through Verizon. We are working out some details, hence the reason it is not on our website or has been announced yet. No secret handshakes needed or conspiracies taking place. We anticipate the launch in June. Stay tuned!

Chris

BillA.  Yes the NP did offer it at a meeting I was at, then I found out that it had not been released by the legal department yet, as it was still in conversation with VZ.  Thankfully, I'm not running for any office in FMCA, so I don't have to be PC.  I'm sick and tired of the cart being put before the horse! :wacko:

1 hour ago, manholt said:

BillA.  Yes the NP did offer it at a meeting I was at, then I found out that it had not been released by the legal department yet, as it was still in conversation with VZ.  Thankfully, I'm not running for any office in FMCA, so I don't have to be PC.  I'm sick and tired of the cart being put before the horse! :wacko:

That's how things get pushed around.  Sorry I couldn't help it.  

Maybe there be a FMCA booth at Cowlitz County Event Center this June.  I will be sure to ask someone about it.  

Ray, if your interested...I sure hope so!  I have more than I need at 60.13 a month...that includes all the fees and taxes.  AT&T takes care of the International stuff at $102.16 a month!

10 hours ago, dons2346 said:

Huffy, there probably won't be any new info at Cowlitz because of the timing. I know there will not be a FMCA specific booth there

Oh darn, I also wanted to get a atlas.  

You are mixing up the FMCA store and the FMCA info booth. Yes there will be a FMCA store where you can get your atlas, a couple of nice FMCA T-shirts, maybe a jacket, possibly a new hat, badge holder, sweat shirt, and don't forget something for the wife.

Oh yes, you can also renew your FMCA membership!

So it was a SNAFU that info got out to the public. In the kidding we've done in this thread, that sure seems appropriate:)!

Many of us have multiple methods of Internet Data while traveling. But as we're seeing with every squeezing of Verizon of the GF UDP's, and then the semi 'Fake New UDP's' (I consider a UDP, well, to be UDP. Not something that if you use a hotspot, tether, or MiFi 10GB of data, you revert back to ... --- ... speeds.). ATT has a better UDP Unlimited, but still it's 'Subject to network management de-prioritization...' if needed - so really still not UDP as far as practical usage. 

So what? Well if FMCA and Verizon can work a package that is competitively priced for either UDP, or say 100GB + per month of Data. IMO, that would be great... If it's a discount on the existing not so slick UDP, then  again IMO - that really does not help the RV'ing community. 

And sure, opinions will vary:)! And I suspect in a month or two we'll get the real scoop and then can make a decision if it is something that might be an improvement, or addition, to what many of us already have. I can wait (Well, suppose I actually 'Have to wait!:)!), for the info to flow...

Best to all, 

Smitty

After all has been said, hear what Chris said. The deal hasn't been completed between FMCA and Verizon. When it is done there will be a formal announcement on the website and in the magazine with complete information where each and every FMCA family member will have the opportunity to either suscribe or pass it up. So be patient it won't happen til the "plus sized lady sings". (Sorry I must be PC).😊

Herman 

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

After all has been said, hear what Chris said. The deal hasn't been completed between FMCA and Verizon. When it is done there will be a formal announcement on the website and in the magazine with complete information where each and every FMCA family member will have the opportunity to either suscribe or pass it up. So be patient it won't happen til the "plus sized lady sings". (Sorry I must be PC).😊

Herman 

I always like the term, "pleasantly plump" Haha

Sorry Jumper in today's society even Plump is not Politically Correct. We can't even say ,"I just had the juiciest Plump  peach" :wub: There are so many words that can't be said because someone in another country might be offended. Please don't ask me how I feel because my answer may not be PC. But I would never say anything to a person to intentionally offend them, I was just not brought up that way. 

Herman

8 hours ago, reubenray said:

Isn't this high compared to the new $20 plan from AT&T?

The Mobley is a good deal, when you can locate a ZTE Mobley:)! I have one, and swap it in and out with a ATT Unite Explore on a shared 20GB plan, with one month rollover. The Unite Explore is MIMO, and has ports for a MIMO antenna, or two individual antennas. (Which I have set up for both. As the Mobile Mark's DB gain is not as great as the two separate antennas. So I swap these out when the Mobile Mark is on the fringe.)

We also travel with my GF UDP Samsung S6 with HotSpot. In the Western regions of the nation that we travel the most, Verizon has been our 'Go To' data feed for several years. ATT is getting very close within the regions close to major cities. Current location Verizon can pull in 6-8 Mbps downloads. Yet our Mobile can pull in 8-10 Mbps. Our Unite Explore with MIMO and roof top Mobile Mark antenna, and tethered to our WiFi Ranger GOac, can pull in 60-70 Mbps. 

All that being said. I keep my eyes open for new data plans. No telling with my Verizon GR UDP will go away...

Thus, I'll patiently wait and see what this is all about:)!

Best to all,

Smitty

$44.99 for 25GB before the possibility of network de-prioritization. Includes a MiFi Novatel 7730L. 12 months guarantee on pricing. No contract. Cancel at anytime, and keep the Novatel MiFi.

With the exception of the mentioned in this thead ATT Mobley for ~$20 a month for unlimited data, this reads to be good package. 

Keep in mind that the 7730L is MiMo, and has some of the latest features - some not even rolled out by Verizon for usage in all areas - so pretty much as future proof as you can get in this day and age of fast changing electronics:)! So while the ATT Mobley is a great deal, it is not near as sophisticated and capable of download/upload speeds as the 7730L can deliver. (Of course, dependent upon where you are as far as towers and the level of upgrades by Verizon to those towers:)!).

This could become a valuable tool to have available in your Staying Connected arsenal. 

Good job FMCA:)!

$.02,

Smitty

Switched to Unlimited a couple months ago for $93. Limited to 10G 4G on MiFi but use hotspots on 2 phones, two tablets and HUM to compensate. Have seen a slight degredation in streaming quality when 10G on MiFi reached. None on phones or tablets. 

Yep, maybe 5 minutes max... I decided to order it to make this months shipments. Will figure out what I'll do with my existing Verizon Phone/Test/Data (GF UDP) later:)!

Should be fun to see how the ATT Unite Explore and Verizon 7730L perform against each other in different regions... Mobile Mark MIMO on top is my default antennas. But also have two of the great little Maximum Signal 13" Magnet Mount antennas on the roof and do swap them into feed the MIMO ports when a little more DB gain is needed. (Very seldom on this trip, as ATT has outperformed Verizon 85% of the time we've traveled in Colorado this year. And the bulk of the time, the ZTE Mobley without antennas or Cellular Amplification - has performed adequately for our needs. (Unite Explore has been the Download Speed King, but it is on a Shared Data Plan, so use the ZTE when it gets the job done:)!).

Very much looking forward to using the Verizon FMCA 7730L combo as the trip goes on.

Best to all,

Smitty

Looks like it got leaked out within the past couple of day and jumped on by a number of folks who weren't FMCA members and who have since joined (and given the sites it was advertised on, many are not RVers at all).  Now there are no more devices available for the wave.  So those of us who are long time (well over 10 years) FMCA members never got the official notice and have since missed out, at least on the first batch of devices.  

This is entirely unfair to the existing membership.

I've also read that only 5000 FMCA members were made aware of the new benefit.  Would like to know how those 5000 were chosen, especially if there are limited devices/plans available.

The whole thing is very disappointing.

I agree with spuds above.  The only reason I knew about it is because I am a member of rvmobileinternet (run by Technomadia).  I am an existing FMCA member and signed up yesterday but have not yet received a call back.  Yet someone posted on rvmobileinternet that they just joined FMCA and have already received a call back and gotten their device on order.

Very unfair to existing members.  FMCA will gain new members because of this (that probably don't even own RVs, let alone motorhomes), but they might just lose existing ones, like me.

Don't be disappointed.  Just call in and get signed up for the service.  So you go a couple of extra days without the device.  I don't think this is going to kill anyone.  If you prefer you can pout that someone got the service before you did but the latest posters are reporting sign ups today will be shipped within a week.

If you don't want to wait a week you can pay more for less service and just spend the rest of your life grumbling.