smitty777

FMCA & Verizon Offers Specifics?

3 hours ago, fire344 said:

I used the online form two days ago and never got a return call.  Called them today and was told Verizon put a hold on the plan due to the response.  They are now putting people on a mailing list and will notify you when the program re-opens.  

I did the same filled the form out two days ago and never got a return call and then called them around 2 PM today and was told the plan is on hold and that they were putting in people for July.  I wasn't asked to be put on a list however I was told to call back in a week or so to see if the program is up and running.  I agree with the disappointment in the FMCA that many others have expressed.   This is one of the many of the poor choices that the association has made over the past several years from the handling of the "makeover" aka towable inclusion, investing in RVillage rather than coming up with something that draws people to the FMCA website not away from it. and failure to have the vision to change the organization with the times so that younger people would join.  The organization will go no where if it's always in crisis management mode.

FMCA recently sent out notifications to a limited group of members as part of a “soft launch” or “beta test” of a wireless data plan from Verizon. FMCA had plans to share this information with the entire membership after this test period. Online news outlets heard about the plan and released information before FMCA was ready to make the announcement to all members. Response during this test period has been overwhelming, and we have had to suspend entries to the program. Rest assured that once we are ready to release information about the benefit, all members will be given the opportunity to evaluate the program and enroll if they believe it will meet their needs. Stay tuned for additional information.