bobandwendy1972

Four Wheels Down Towing with E450 V10

I have a Nexus Viper 29V that has a E-450 Ford truck chassis.  I am trying to get information on pulling a 2015 Ford Edge AWD behind it.  Any experiences pulling a 4500lbs vehicle behind an RV with a GVWR rating of 14,500lbs.  Obviously, I expect a reduction of gas mileage.  I am just trying to evaluate all my options. 

Bob, what is your coach rated for to tow? We towed with our C more than it was rated to do. The Mpg difference was surprisingly minor and so was the handling characteristic change. You knew it was back there when hitting bumps it would make the coach buck a little, stopping was the huge difference. A good supplemental brake system will solve that problem.

Prob is correct with possible 7500. My e450 has 22k gcvw and an appropriate hitch setup.

Get a loaded weight on your mh first. Make sure you are not already over your 14.5k. If you are good on the mh, you will still be at least 2k under gcvw. With appropriate braking setup, you should be good. Also take a good look at your hitch setup and the rating info, to confirm the capability of the actual hitch.

7 hours ago, DP26 said:

Prob is correct with possible 7500. My e450 has 22k gcvw and an appropriate hitch setup.

The hitch may handle 7500 pounds but that doesn't guarantee that the coach will pull it and stop it.

DD69, agreed!! with his current car he is well within specs. I would also have it weighed. C's are notorious for being heavier than what they are rated. I would do it for piece of mind so you know what you are up against. Our C was over by 1000 on the drive and I believe 800 on the steer (trying to remember) Without our belongings. My friends Fleetwood Jamboree when the fresh tank was full he would lose steering if he was on the throttle pulling his car.