jleamont

Monaco Replacement Air Bags

Just in case anyone was looking for replacement air bags on an older Monaco product. This topic has come up in the past, when I stumbled upon the information I figured I should pass it on.The link below has them listed along with many, many other air bags.

http://firestoneip.com/-/media/www/fsip/files/CommTruckTrailer/Aftermarket/Aftcat_smweb.pdf

Here is the part numbers for Monaco products;

W01-358-9376; 9.12" WIDE BAG

W01-358-5319; 6.62" WIDE BAG

W01-358-9651; 7.75" WIDE BAG

W01-358-6905; CONVOLUTED BAG

One the internet these average $180.00 each, REV $490.00

Joe,

Thanks for the information!  I was just wondering the other day how much longer I will be able to ride on the original airbags.  Very helpful!!!

Blake

You and me both!

Apparently the mounting and bag size dictate the one needed. So you can either measure the bag or the mounting studs to determine what part number you have. I have actually considered carrying one or two with me and might swap them out in the next year or so.

I don't know the life span of the air bags but you don't hear of them failing.  I remember back in the 70s the GMC mh air bag would blow just sitting still.  About 1978 I was at FMCA convention and I heard a bag blow.  The owners of those coaches always carried at least one extra air bag and sometimes two.

I have a friend with an 1995 Foretravel that blew a bag just as he arrives in Shreveport 2014. Made it to his spot and had it replaced there and has since replaced all of his remaining bags. 

Thanks for the numbers they will be very helpful in the future.

Herman 

And here I had put the air bags on my don't worry list!  Glad to have the information safely filed away.  Hope I never have to use it...

And by the way, don't call her older, she's a Classic!  They don't build them like this anymore!

Tom, Classic' s are coaches that need a little more TLC, kind of like classic people !  Keep wondering how I got to being a classic so quickly, considering how long it took to get old enough to get a drivers licence. LOL

Our classic is a little older then your's and I replaced all 4 of the Air Springs 2 years ago. They had dried out with some cracks developing with some slow air leaks. The Ride quality is better IMHO. The new ones where so much more supple. Air bags and some new air lines between the compressor and the air tanks tended to make quite a difference regarding the compressor cycling interval also. 

Rich. 

Scowdie. Welcome to the Forum! :)

Is that suppose to be 2002? :o  Scroll to the top of this page and click on blue link!

On 5/22/2017 at 12:42 PM, jleamont said:

W01-358-9651

I have an 07 Monaco Dynasty and am needing to replace an air bag on my tag axle.  Rev Group will only give me their internal part #10108394 and told me all 10 on coach are same.  Rev quoted $418.77 plus shipping for 1 (about 3 or 4 times what it should be).  This leads me to a couple questions.

1.  Do I merely measure the exterior bag deflated and compare to the 3 bags that were listed at beginning of topic?

2.  How likely will I start experiencing more bag failures.  I only have 55k miles and kept indoors out of sunlight when not traveling.

3.   If someone has current Rev Group part # 10108394 already cross referenced and can provide I would certainly appreciate it so I don't have to crawl under and try and measure.

4.  How as a group could we fight back on price gouging from our manufactures other than going through this process.

Those prices are extremely high. I’d Call Source engineering and price check those; 

http://sourcerv.com/

Or remove a bag and take it to a truck parts place locally and see it they can price it and determine the part number

Take the brand and the number off the bag and go to a truck supply 

they can ID and give you a price 

they will have choices I went with the best and longest warranty as price difference was not much 

and no off shore ones for me  

On 5/22/2017 at 12:42 PM, jleamont said:

I ended up replacing all my air bags on my 07 Dynasty.

After taking one off, found built with all 10 airbags the same and Monaco part #on bag 01804591.

The four front airbags have 1 1/4" od air lines needing 3/4" nptf hole for air line while the rear 6 only need 1/4" not for 1/4" quick connect fitting.  Monaco used adaptors on the rear 6 bags to go from 3/4"nptf to 1/4"nptf.   So on mine you can get firestone part # w01-358-8897 for 3/4" nptf  and reduce down for rear or part # w01-358-9376 that is for bags on rear that have 1/4" nptf for airline.  Found the lowest price at Finditparts.com with Contitech # AS8897.

My bags had serious dry rot but only 1 tag axle bag was leaking a little out the bottom and was causing my electric air compressor to kick on about every 6 hours on pretty level ground.  Would not have been too long before the others would start leaking. After taking others off they also had similar dry rot and glad I changed them all even though hard tough job and having to cut through the water bay on both sides to access the top nuts on the bags.

All original bags made in June of 2006.

Hope this helps someone.

I replaced mine on a 1999 Panther 8 inch. I took one off and took as suggested to truck supply house 190 something apiece 4 day wait. German made and work just fine, less than the original Goodyears. Changed the front 4 rears are OEM and fine.

57 minutes ago, RSBILLEDWARDS said:

I replaced mine on a 1999 Panther 8 inch. I took one off and took as suggested to truck supply house 190 something apiece 4 day wait. German made and work just fine, less than the original Goodyears. Changed the front 4 rears are OEM and fine.

I MUST change all 8 next year, mine look horrible! 

Joe, when I did mine I also eliminated the nut and Ferrell connections and used DOT push-to-connect fittings.I also added the air restrictor valves from Source Engineering in Eugene Oregon which changed the ride substantially. The lean was dramatically reduced. All in all numerous leaks disappeared.