punxsyjumper

Air Force 1 vs Roadmaster Brakemaster Systems

Jon,

Welcome to the Forum.

The M&G Brake doesn't rely on the Battery to work and doesn't have to override the power brake booster to work. It works by applying directly  the pressure directly to the master cylinder. I have used the M&G Brake for 12 years on 4 different vehicles with no issues at all.

Give Monty a call at 903-675-2812.

Herman  

9 hours ago, jon48 said:

It is not clear to me if the Invisibrake will work w/ air brakes & what if I am using the exhaust brake? 

hon48,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Yes, the invisibrake will work with any type of coach braking system. It is activated by the electrical signal of applying coach brakes.

jon48.  Welcome to the Forum!  Happy NY.😀

When I switched over to the M&G, I had/still have the invisa system.  Just pull the plug on it...mine was a PIA to take out, so we left it in.  

Where are you located?  If your going to the winter convention in Tucson in March, call M&G and ask if they'll be there?  Otherwise they are located on Hwy 19, a mile north of loop, Athens, Texas!

jon48 --

I echo others in welcoming you to the forum!   There are many good, very knowledgeable folks on the forum willing to help anytime.

I've had the Roadmaster Invisbrake system for the last five years and it has worked flawlessly.  As Brett mentioned, the Invisibrake controller is "activated" by the electrical brakes signal.  Additionally, the Invisibrake system's "umbilical cord" connection between the motorhome and the tow vehicle provides a trickle charge to the tow vehicle's battery along with the providing control for the Invisibrake.

When deciding on a supplemental braking system for my Jeep Wrangler, I selected the Invisibrake system as the Refinery Operations Manager in me was reluctant to tap into the motorhome's air system like the M&G System and others (my thinking was one more connection into the air system means another potential location for an air leak).   When I made that decision I was a "newbie" in motorhome ownership.  Since then, I've learned that M&G System and other air system "powered" supplemental braking systems work very well.  

Bottom-line, if you don't want to invest in another braking system, the Invisibrake system will serve you well.

On 1/5/2020 at 8:20 AM, wolfe10 said:

hon48,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Yes, the invisibrake will work with any type of coach braking system. It is activated by the electrical signal of applying coach brakes.

I was going though brakes on the toad and found that every time the engine brake came on the motor home tail lights would come on the it would apply brakes in the toad.  Going down even a small hill on the highway the toad brakes would apply when the engine brake kicked in.

Exactly how it was designed.  Many coaches turn on the brakes lights with engine brake activation, many, many DON'T.

But, yes, the Invisibrake will apply when the brake lights on the coach are activated.