cwswine

Questions About Indiana Rally

We new to Class A and have couple questions about the rally in July in Indiana.

I see that $175,00 for 30 amp and $295.00 for 50 amp. 

If you opt for no power can you run the generator for air conditioning at night?   Any restriction on time of day your generator can run?

I have Discover 40D with three air conditioners will I be able to keep the coach cool on 30 amp connection or will I need 50 amp?  

This will be our first rally of this size any words of wisdom?

CW,

Glad to hear you will be coming to Indy. First, NO you will not be able to run more that 1 A/C at a time on 30 amp power. To be able to run all 3 you would defiantly need 50 amp service.

Now they have 2 other area you may consider. First there is the 6:00 to 11:00 Area. Here you may run your generator from 6 AM til 11 PM. There is another area, Full Generator, where you may run your generator 24 hours. 

What some folks will do on 30 amp power is run one A/C, say the front during the day and evening and turn it off and run the Bed Room A/C during the night.  Either of these area would strictly your choose.   

Since this will be your first National Convention please except some strong advise. Spent the night before arriving at the Fairgrounds, in an RV Park. This way you will be able to dump both your Black and Gray tanks and Fill your water Tanks. Coming in with empty holding tanks and a full water tank is imperative that you do this. They will have Honey Wagons available as well as Water Trucks. There is a charge for both, you may inquire about both at the Information Booth at the Convention.

Upon arrival be patient it sometimes take time to get you to your parking area, but I can guarantee it will be worth the wait.

Hope to see you there. Keep looking here since I will be posting the Day,Time and Seminar Room for an Introduction to the FMCA Forum with a Meet and Greet of Forum folks.

Herman 

I have a 2006 Fleetwood Expedition with two heat pump air conditioners.  A few hours after I get to the convention and get connected, I can run them both on 30 amp.  The delay is due to recharging batteries.  Total load with both running is 24 amps.  I do turn one off to run the micro wave, but that is usually a short period of time. 

Ross, depends upon the coach you got, as to what you can run on 30A.  The OP does not have the options you have!  The last coach I had, that I could do as you was a 97 Allegro!

If the power source is perfect 120V we can run two air conditioners on 30A but that is all.  That put us right at the limit, about 27 or 28 amps.  Any more the EMS will cut off one or the other.  I suspect it depends on the specific model of air conditioner you have and of course it depends on the charge status of your batteries and any other loads that may affect your usage level. 

If you can run only one, at a time what Herman recommends will work fine.  You can also do the generator thing on the 7 to 11 schedule.  Keep the coach cool during the day and night temperatures may allow you to "coast" through the night or even open a few windows.  Of course in mid to late July, it could be quite hot and humid during the nights.  That's when we break out our Vornado floor fan. 

The first time we did one of these conventions we learned a lot about the limits of our coach.  It made us much more confident for moving off the grid for periods of time.  Look at it as a learning experience.

18 hours ago, cwswine said:

We new to Class A and have couple questions about the rally in July in Indiana.

I see that $175,00 for 30 amp and $295.00 for 50 amp. 

If you opt for no power can you run the generator for air conditioning at night?   Any restriction on time of day your generator can run?

I have Discover 40D with three air conditioners will I be able to keep the coach cool on 30 amp connection or will I need 50 amp?  

This will be our first rally of this size any words of wisdom?

Personally I would get the 50 amp spot and then you don't have to worry. 

Bill

Price has gone up, it's now $195.  When we dropped Lindas coach, she got a $175 refund and I had a $20 add on for 2 in a coach!  You don't get a discount for being on the Governing Board.

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Price has gone up, it's now $195.  When we dropped Lindas coach, she got a $175 refund and I had a $20 add on for 2 in a coach!  You don't get a discount for being on the Governing Board.

Thanks for volunteering Carl ! See you at the party !

Rich.