hermanmullins

Forum Get Together In Indianapolis

There is going to be a new format for get together. In Indianapolis it will presented as  Seminar. Mike, Doug and myself are working on the details now. I will post here when I have the day, Seminar Room number and time. 

The format will be as an introduction to the Forum and how to navigate and participate. I am hoping for a time when there will be nothing following and we can have an informal social time so those of us currently active on the Forum can visit with each other and possibly answer questions from newcomers.

Stand by for details. 

Herman 

Here is the Schedule for the Seminar."How to Participate in The FMCA Forum"

Date; July 13, 2017

Time: 3:00 pm

Room: Seminar Room 10.

Narrator: Herman Mullins                                Speaker: Mike Hall from FMCA IT Department.

All are welcomed to attend. We have the room from 3:00 pm til 5:30 pm. So after the seminar is over we will be able to visit in a casual setting.

If you know of any questions that might need to be addressed please send me a PM and Mike and I will be sure they are addressed.

The seminar will be on the schedule and in the program book.

Lets hope this new format helps new folks to participate in and on the Forum.

That looks like a Thursday afternoon.  I should be able to make this one!  I'm looking forward to it.

This will be the first Forum get together that Dianne and I will not be able to attend.

My father has his 100th birthday July 9, and our whole extended family will be taking him on a cruise.

Brett

I have a conflict and will not be able to attend. Would it be possible after the seminar to post it for us to read?  Also, take notes of questions and answers and post those? 

Wil

I will try and do a report but may miss some. The main thrust of the Seminar will how to navigate the site. Any questions asked in the social will be asked to post them here with answers and solutions. 

Sorry you won't be able to attend,  but you will be in Indy. I hope.

Herman 

Yes, I will be at Indianapolis.  I have volunteered for Communications/Radios Chief.  I did find the discussion interesting and helpful at Chandler.  There my comment about marking all read was somewhat rejected.  I did find out after the meeting that several others were having the same problem, but didn't want to speak up.  That issue has been fixed on the site.

I have sent via the Contact tab at the bottom and via personal email to one of the moderators requesting that the Indianapolis Convention 2017 be added to the list of Conventions.  That seems to me to be the best location for discussing that convention, not elsewhere in the Forums. IE: General Discussion, Motorhomes or Towables, etc.  I haven't seen it added. 

Not sure who would be the person to speak with where to add convention info. Maybe just add a topic in General Discussion titled something like "Gillette Convention 2018". A post like this could just die after the convention and another started for Perry.

We will be having a social following the Seminar. By having the room for 2.5 hours we can just morf into the social. Maybe you can make the social time. 

See you in Indy.

Herman