tomchase

Litter Box Location

We have an '05 Beaver and are taking our cat with us. Can anyone tell me where they might be putting the litter box?

There's a table/desk in the corner behind the drivers seat and also a cabinet to the left of the dining table so no corners are available.

Thanks

Jo Ann

I like to keep ours in the least used area of the coach so, for us, that means the bedroom.  Even the best litter can't "cover it up" until the act is completed and that can lead to some temporary odors that I would prefer to be away from a location I frequent even it can't be seen.

Foot of the bed...no cat ! :o Used at night by a dog! :lol: She's a 15 year old Rat-Terrier, trained by my Girl Friend !  The Lab holds it at night.:)

Just a cool story about a cat we had when I was around 12. We had a Golden Lab and a cat that were best friends as we got them both as baby's . My mother had my father mount a bell about 12 inches off the floor by the back door and trained the dog to ring the bell when he needed to go out and it worked great. A short time later the bell rand and the dog was already outside and it was the cat !. The cat learned from watching the dog ring the bell and after that it was the end of the litter box. This was not an RV but I think it is a neat story all the same:D

Rick.  Just read the comments to Linda...she's cracking up! :lol:

Herman.  She said, she put Patches in the box 1 time as a pup!  No, she did not threaten her with a rubber mallet ! :rolleyes:

Try the "World's Best Cat Litter." Not cheap, but though my sniffer does not work all that well now, Betty's does and she swears by it. Made out of corn.  

Since this post is going that way, when I picked up my bus in Whitehaven Pa., back in 2009, the owner of the place where I picked it up from, a bus conversion establishment, the owner had a cat, that went missing while we were in his office. A few minutes after the cat went missing, we heard a toilet flush, no one was missing except the cat, I asked the owner was this what I thought it was, he replied "yes" the cat was trained to use the toilet, and flush behind himself. We got a chance to observe it in person a little later on.

Shower curtaiin in the tub or a cut down one in the shower, litter box on it. If you cut a shower curtain down for a shower, leave enough to come up the sides a bit. It all comes out without muss or fuss when someone bathes.  Works with our 20-lb slob Fuzzbutt. 

Edited by urbanhermit

We have a broom closet in the bathroom with cupboard on top and one on bottom 

We took the door off the bottom one and made a custom box to go in 

Cut a cat door in the bathroom door and all is good   

When we bought our Class A last year the cupboard where the washer/dryer goes was about to have a new unit installed- we negotiated taking that off our deal price lowering it even further, and voila- perfect space for the litter box!  We travel with our 4 bengals and have also gotten a badge from company in UTAH and renamed our rig the "Bengal Bus"

We put ours in the storage area under the bed. Cutout a door for them. Added a night light powered by the receptacle I added for our sleep number. We just scoop when needed and replace the litter often.

It's an old thread but, we place a rubber mat in the shower and the kitty box on top. We always use the campground shower instead of the rig's shower.