RHARLY

2011 Phaeton 40 QTH Kitchen Sink Drain Leak

We just purchased a 2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH. On our maiden voyage we've discovered that water draining down the kitchen sink exits under cabinet drawers to right of sink onto the kitchen floor. No visible leak under sink, and so far haven't figured out how to remove drawers for a better look... Any thoughts? Experience? Suggestions?

Rharly,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you have full extension drawers there should be a black tab on each side of the part of the slide attached to the side of the drawer. I can't remember which but one goes up and the other goes down while pulling on the drawer. If the small roller type drawer you pull the drawer out till it stops, then lift up on the handle end of the drawer and then lift the drawer out.

You may have to access the drain lines under the bottom on your cabinet. Some are screwed down and some are not. You may lift the floor up by prying them up with a flat screw driver but another way is to screw a screw into the floor close to the front edge and use it to help pull up the floor. From there you should be able to see most of your plumbing pipes. Hopefully all you have is a loose clamp. If your kitchen sink is in your slide there should be a section of flexible hose to allow the movement of the slide.

Hope I have helped. Let us know what you find.

Herman   

I had the same problem two years ago. Tiffin used a not so flexible white hose for the drain (if sink is in slide-out). They have a replacement available. I chose to go to a home improvement store, found some flex hose and fixed it.  The hose will run at angle to the rear.