npetersjr

Tire Shelf-Life and Life-Cycle Concerns

On 12/12/2017 at 9:29 AM, thezafts said:

If your Tire seller, like Superior Tire, won't help to register your tires, go to any Michelin dealer and pick up a registration card, fill it out and mail it in. This is per Michelin and currently they do not a have a way to register RV tires on line, yes for car and motorcycle tires!

And per Michelin, a dealer can sell a 3 year old tire as "new". Warranty starts on date of sale not DOT date! They would like dealers to register tires, for recall purposes, but are not required!  Is there a Federal Law requiring this?

I did read your dec 1 post, not practical to drive 1500 miles to Portland, Or! To obtain paper work.

i have filed a complaint about Superior Tire with Michelin, will also do that with NHTSA.

Go to any OTR truck stop that sells tires, get the registration form, back date it with all the info including the DOT an mail it in! :) End story.

On 12/14/2017 at 8:31 PM, manholt said:

Go to any OTR truck stop that sells tires, get the registration form, back date it with all the info including the DOT an mail it in! :) End story.

Manholt, are you 80 years old, are you ready to crawl under your coach to get the DOT numbers that your Tire dealer failed to provide you?

Are you ready to remove the outer duals because the dealer installed the inner with the codes facing in?

No, I'm going to be 75 in 2 month's and common sense tells me to find a younger person to take care off the crawling problem! :)  At 6 foot 8 inches I don't bend good anymore either! :lol:

1 hour ago, thezafts said:

Manholt, are you 80 years old, are you ready to crawl under your coach to get the DOT numbers that your Tire dealear failed to provide you?

Are you ready to remove the outer duals because the dealer installed the inner with the codes facing in?

I would think it would be better to work smarter rather than harder as you get older. I have used a inspection mirror and light to find the date code and my cell phone to take a picture. Now yes I did lay down on a well padded cushion for a lawn chair it was nice and comfortable. Or you could take it to a good tire shop and pay them to do it.

Bill

Or you can do what the majority of the world does and wait until every news source in the country says there is a recall for your tire.  You have so many options available to resolve this self made crises that I'm afraid you can't see the forest for the trees. Do you honestly believe any vehicle you've  ever bought new the manufacturer registered your tires? 

Trust me, at 72 I have more important things to worry about than if Newmar registered my tires. 

I am sure that is any Motor Home manufacturer had the option to purchase 200  of a 295-80R-22.5 tires at a very discounted price because they were more the 12 months , that they would jump on it in a heart beat. Most all tires have 1 year Limited Warranty from date of purchase and that wouldn't sway them one bit. :o

I just looked at the sheet that came with our coach showing most every manufacturer and the components with serial numbers. My coach has 8 tires but they only had the serial numbers for four. Did they register them with Goodyear, I have no clue. I do know that each time i purchase tires in McKinney, Texas from Tomason Tire I get a rebate from Goodyear. They some how must know the serial number and manuf. Date.  

Herman