CaptBMF

Maximum Grade with Tow Dolly on a Driveway

What are the maximum and preferred angles of incline an '04 Country Coach 40' Allure pulling a tow dolly? My Allure also has tag wheels. I pull a Landgrebe TD40 Tow Dolly.

I'm building a pull-though garage that has been raised from 11' to 16' to get above the 100-year flood plain.

Again, please let me know what is the maximum or preferred angle of CC Allure can climb when negotiating a step driveway or entrance ramp?

Thanks.

Cap'n Blaine

If your coach can make the grade on it's own, perhaps you could pull the tow dolly up the grade with another vehicle? I am working on getting our 40' up our steep driveway. Tired of trip prep with our coach at a storage yard.

Cap.  If your coach don't bottom scrape, you can climb it...the problem would lie in the difference off incline between the road to garage and assent angle at ramp to barn.  Careful that you don't get high center!  I would guess about 20 degrees would be pushing it.

Like Carl said the problem is the angles at the top and bottom. It has to do with how much overhang you have front and back. I hope you have room for a long ramp. When I was using a dolly I dragged it bad enough to almost hicenter the coach. This was just turning into a drive off a hi center/crowned road with a normally deep drain along the curb. Bent the drop hitch into a U. That is one thing, try removing your drop hitch it will give you a little more clearance. 

Bill