thefinestperf1

Big Slide Will Not Retract & Is Cocked Slightly

I have a 2014 thor Palazzo 36.1. The large slide is out and cocked ( bottom is almost out and top is fully extended).  The top motors (front & back) are attempting to work, however, they only move slide in several inches and stop.  How do I resolve this issue?

Welcome to the Forum. 

What did the Thor technician say.  I believe that is where you might start. Let us know what they say. This may be an issue they have addressed before. 

Herman 

Welcome.

What does the owners manual say and what slide system do you have...power gear, HWH, etc.?

I have the Power Gear by Lipper...very sensitive to level.  If you open the bays under slide out, you should have 2 - 1/2" square rods and one motor in the middle.  T rods are attached to the motor by 1 1/4" long bolts...if you put too much stress on bringing slide in or out, the bolt will shear of....happened on mine last October!

There is no manual over ride.

While you are waiting to hear from Thor:  check to make sure there is nothing physically preventing the slide from completely retracting/extending. Check the rail inside the compartments. Also check anything on interior floors...

Jim, your right, also check the rollers as one may be hung up or cracked.  I had a screw, blocking a slide roller.  Cost or size of coach does not prevent, stupid.

I have system similar to what Carl said.  It dropped a bolt out of a rod/shaft and got out of alignment and stopped.  I had to get the gears line up and install grade 8 bolt and nut.  How embarrassing as I just arrive with a chapter and had many watch and just as many try to help.   

Ok spoke with tech, He walked me step by step, finding out I have low voltages, I attempted to start generator not enough battery power, to start. Tech advised need to charge batteries or replace batteries.

49 minutes ago, thefinestperf1 said:

Ok spoke with tech, He walked me step by step, finding out I have low voltages, I attempted to start generator not enough battery power, to start. Tech advised need to charge batteries or replace batteries.

Do you have shore power where you are? Have you tried to start generator by holding the battery connect switch down. Can you start the main engine and run the slide or start generator? 

Bill

Have you tried using the house batteries to start engine, then after about 10 minutes, try moving slide?  My system uses the engine batteries, not the house!  Therefore the generator is useless for slide.

I hope the OP gets back to us. My thought, as you know Carl all these coaches are set up differently. If he has low batteries geting the generator running should i, charge the batteries and 2, provide 12v Power for the slide. I am supposed to have the engine running to operate the slides. Some you can't run the main engine.:huh:

Bill

I agree with the engine none engine, but all the coaches I have had, that has a slide, it has run of the engine batteries...Thor might be different.

Correction on my previous post. It says plugged into power or generator running with key to the on position not running. The slide will not work with the engine running as a safety . 

Just like I said, every unit is different. Read and follow the instructions in the owner's manual. Back to the OPs problem. He has low batteries so/as he hasn't told us if he has shore power. the easiest way to charge the batteries is to start the generator. If he has low voltage he may need to start his main engine to be able to start the generator even using the battery switch.:D

Bill

Ok, replaced all batteries and that wasn't the problem. I had to use the the coach levelers on manual mode, tilted the coach to passenger side to assist and the slide came in slowly.  Will take coach back to manufacture (Thor) to resolve the slide issue.