wildebill308

Replacing Slide Toppers

Looking for any feedback on Tough Top Awning people? I need to replace my slide toppers. one is gone and the outher 2 are going. :o 

Bill

Bill. 

The company that comes to both National and Six-State, I think the name is Shade Pro. Their quote to replace two combination slide cover and awning  was abit over  $900.00. Came home and pulled both sets of fabric off, repaired (sewed the busted seams) and replaced them. Carefree said to make 21 turns on the spring. I made 23 on each and the extra tension made the awnings much taughter.

Herman 

I talked to them at Chandler and they wanted much more than that to replace 3 toppers.

The RVGeeks love them (Tough Top) But I was looking for anyone else who has done business with them. I am just looking for the fabric as I will change them myself, well with a little help.:D Good to know how tight to wind the spring as one topper disappeared in the wind when we were caught in the blizzard in Amarillo The first of May.

Bill

WILDBILL308: I have ordered fabric for my slides twice from  Tough Top and they have been very good. Their Website tells you how to measure the slide, give them the W x L and they will confirm with you. I did my big slide on my 2005 Alfa and if I remember right the fabric shipping etc. was only $170.00 and they were very easy to put on.

Hope this helps.

Neil & Nancy Van Dyk

F442182

I just order the replacement topper awnings from the coach manufacturer, in this case Winnebago, and then have them installed at a local dealer.

no issues and not overly expensive.

Just did one, $200 for the topper, $100 for installation,,suppose I could have saved the $100 and installed myself but I didn't want the hassle,,

Bill,

The turns on the awning rollers came from Carefree. You might check with the makers of your awnings on your Bounder, It may be different form mine. The one thing the extra turns added was tension to the fabric making them tighter with less flapping just due to age and stretching.

Let us know how the Fabric turns out.

How are you doing? Our prayers are with you each day.

Herman  

Thank you for your thoughts. I will check and see how tight to wind them. I am with you as I plan to use a little more tension. Doing ok, going camping at Choctaw KOA Wednesday. B) 

Bill

I replaced the topper on my slide with one from Tough Top. The fabric is heavier than the original and better construction.

I replaced it myself with help from a friend. Took about 1.5 hours. Not a hard job, just follow directions. Total cost with shipping was about $140.00. Labor was a six pack.