Sign in to follow this  
aheart

Safari Trek 1993 Parts Search Online

Looking for guidance for online searching for parts for my 1993 Safari Trek.  Specifically today, rear brake cylinders and pads and new radiator.

Seeking best prices and good quality of materials and customer service.

Aheart,

Welcome to the Forum. If you can remove the shoes/pads and the wheel cylinder take them to a parts house. You may find an energetic counter person that can find the parts. Also check on your deferential there may be a metal tag on one of the bolts with make and model or other useful information.

Good Luck,

Herman 

Aheart,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Since you are on an Isuzu chassis, I would start with sites offering parts of the Isuzu.

You need the make model and year of the chassis and the vin#. When I talk to a parts guy(person) I tell them I have a 1997 Chevy P-30 chassis 7.4L with a J Vin # not a 1998 Safari TREK . 

No, Chevrolet had nothing to do with the paint choices.  Chevrolet shipped Safari a bare chassis.  The "house" and paint job were by Safari who is long out of business.

Google Ott's Friction in Portland Oregon. It is now owned by Fleet Pride but they will be able to help you off the shelf with the brake parts. Look up Performance Radiator a national radiator supply company and they may be able to help you with the radiator. Other than that google the Safari Trek club oh the guy preceding me gave you the go spot already.

This fellow asked nothing about paint

Join the yahoo group "Safari Friends"... learn what chassis you have....   google the casting numbers on your wheel cylinders...  radiator will most likely be a custom....  

http://www.bepco.biz/sites/default/files/11.8.13 Caliper Cat.pdf

http://www.cgj.com/store/category/motorhome-radiators/

in the final analysis, EDUCATION is key in this game.... moderators here have saved me thou$ands.. no exaggeration