covey341

Campground Search-- Near Charleston WV.

How about Statts Mills RV Park at Ripley, WV 304-373-0030. I have never been there, but my phone app states that they accept Big Rigs. 

Start with RVParky and then check their reviews at RVParkReviews.  If you still need more info call the campgrounds to ensure they can handle your rig and make reservations if necessary.

Calling and talking to the campground is always the best way. I was looking at a campground up near Watkins glen NY. They claimed to be "Big rig friendly" and could handle "Big Rigs" . Well when I called the said "yes we can handle BIG RIGS up to 26'" 

I thanked them and moved on. :D

Bill

Close is relative term but might check Foxfire in Milton WV, approx 40 miles west of town. It is KOA. Avoid Kanawha State forest, not big rig friendly. St Albans Roadside Park, approx 15 miles west of Charleston has a few sites but limited services. (115v power and dump station but is on the river, Not so sure about Staats Mill in Ripley. pretty much middle of nothing.

KOA in Watkins Glen seems to be well thought of Bill.

Re: West Virginia/ stayed in one park. After the experience, we looked at other possibles for the future. Gave up.