williames

Water Hose Retractor Problem

I have an HR Ambassador 2005, My auto water hose retractor stopped working but I can hear the motor running when I push the power button.

I think I will try the repair my self does anyone any suggestions and does the panel have to be removed to to get to the drive?

Try doing a search. I recall several people having that problem. I will try to look tomorrow but I think someone was making gears. 

Bill

I believe this is the post that you are looking for.  About the March 20, 2014 which was on the third page of the discussion for me.  There is post from backhoeJ and it mentions the replacement gear is for the hose reel also.  He posted again in 2015 and is currently active on the forum.

If I remember correctly the post was for the power cord drive. His son made the replacement gear.

A hose reel stands up and the reel winds up horizontal. 

Search for power cord reel.

Herman 

Herman,

You may be right.  Here is the quote from backhoeJ in the post link above...

Hi everyone, backhoeJ here . Still supplying gear kits and also have bracket for motor. Gear fits cord reel and water reel. Please

feel free to contact me if in need of gear or bracket.

Contact me at:

John D

jondel1234@yahoo.com

I have added the emphasis.

There remains the question of the removal of the panel.  Not being familiar with that model coach, I can't offer advice but I would suspect the answer is yes.  You have to get into the center of the reel where the gears are.  In the case of the electric reel, that means drilling the heads off of rivets which necessitates removal of the entire reel from the coach in our case.  It was an all day project for me.  I replaced the gear in 2012 and it is still purring like a charm today.

I  had a similar problem, the motor ran but the hose did not move.  So I took the panel off, pulled the hose out manually and rewound it with the motor.  The motor was okay, but the hose was twisted on the reel and would not move.

Good thought, ever so often unreel you hose completely lay it out straight and rewind it with out any kinks.

I do not have a power reel for my water hose but I do have one for my power cable. I always help by lifting the cable, pulling it a bit which takes some of the strain off the drive. Seems to wind in better. 

Herman

The panel looks hard to take off with all the attaches and water fittings. This looks like an extremely difficult task, any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

Nothing to taking my panel off...just a lot of screws, some a bit hard to access.  Take a picture with your phone so you'll know what goes where when reassembling.