JohnJill

Santa Fe NM Campground Recommendation

If we wanted to go back to Sante Fe ( and we do not ) we would prefer the KOA. There is a Good Sam park  that is on the same road that is maybe 3 or so miles from the KOA. Look it up. Looks OK when driving by. If you like high desert vegetation and Adobe construction maybe Sante Fe is the place.

I will catch some flack over this , but it is just my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Obedb

Thanks that's why I'm here I've been looking in line the parks seem kinda blah. We're just looking for a quick trip over the July 4th holiday. Do you think farther up would be better, like Angle Fire?

For a quick trip over the Fourth of July weekend near enough to Sante Fe to explore the oldest church in our United States and other trinkets, the KOA would be a good base. 

As Brett has suggested, Angel Fire would have to be a good choice. It is at least 8100 feet in elevation,  maybe more and altitude in July equals pleasant daytime temps and cool overnights. Throw another log on the fire pit and get out the marshmallows.😄

Which direction are you coming from? Factor that in to a weekend trip.

John,

Welcome back. 

Have you thought of Eagles Nest. Between Cimarron (Philmont Scout Ranch) and Taos. You are right there close to Angel fire. There is a beautiful lake in Eagles Nest. To my knowledge there are three RV Parks there.

Late June and early July would be ideal. Cool but comfortable mornings Wonderful days and cool night that make sleeping great.

Let us know where you and Jill decide on. My niece lives in Santa Fe and a good friend with a place in Eagles Nest. She is an artist and he is a McKinney Realtor.

Herman  

Take jackets with you if high country is your choice. Gets chilly up high out west, even in July.