I love using pellet grills at home for BBQing, grilling, baking, smoking, etc etc.  I haven't noticed any that you can just fit in one of the bays of RV.  I was wondering what others members carry with them.  I really interested in charcoal or pellets.  I carry a portable gas grill which is great for steaks, and no so much for chicken (especially dark meat).  I don't enjoy fast cooking, give me slow cooking to get that good smoke BBQ flavor.  Wondering if anyone else has suggestions on grill that doesn't take 2 to unload.  

Trager makes a small one.  I bought one and it didn't work so I took it back and got another one and it didn't work either.  Gave up on the idea went back to my propane one.

I have a Traeger portable that goes everywhere the bus goes, been using it for three years. In the eighth month the control board went out, called Traeger they expedited a replacement board that I installed myself, the technician told me that the portable had a design flaw when first introduced, the new one would have the problem resolved. Anyway I use nothing else now because it works flawlessly now. Last March at Tannehill, I cooked sixty pounds of boston butts on it for a community pulled pork feed, great results always. I have a larger home model at the house, hope not use anything else ever.

Linda and I, carry the Webber 200 for grilling !  At home, everything is Low and Slow...my favorite is a Pitts & Spits, SS, holds 2 Briskets, 14 Ribs and 40 pounds of Sausage!

Linda has a Traeger and its now her favorite! 

I noticed that you said you don't like fast cooking, I like to cook baby backs, I use dry rub then put them on the traeger pellet grill at 400 degrees for two hours, then pull them off the grill, wrap in tin foil and place in a Styrofoam cooler (no ice) for two more hours, then serve, fall off the bone with smoke flavor all the way through. Most eaters don't even want sauce with them, but I place some on the table just in case.

Kay.  Just had dinner about 2 hours ago.  I had to use, what we call Saint Louise Cut pork ribs, 2 slabs on Linda's 3 burner Webber gas grill. I put on my dry rub yesterday and the ribs was on 280 degree indirect heat for 2 hours.  Moist, and good.  9 very happy folks ate every rib...we are leaving in morning!  Oh, nobody wanted sauce.

It's hard to do the pit, when you only have one hand to work with! 

Thanks to Kay I also carry a Traeger portable, I love that thing! I don't like to cook fast, sometimes you need to so I carry a Weber baby Q propane for those moments and a Weber Smokey Joe charcoal for when I want to grill and have the time to. I usually only the Traeger to smoke but on the last trip I also used it as a grill. Other than the price of the pellets it worked great! The propane is great for when you stop along the road, by the time you are done eating it has cooled down and you can put it away. I cooked smoked mac and cheese on the last trip and Chipotle wings on the Traeger, Keon was ranting on how he had to get one for his coach :D. Here's a link to the Traeger;

http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/grills/town-travel-portable-series/ptg/TFT17LLA.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw9_jJBRCXycSarr3csWcSJABthk07WAEsr4oKEsOtgjcyQEFgLWvqdyxRNd31ow90PyhvwRoCbeLw_wcB

Dennis.

How much does it weigh?  My rig is all electric, no propane except for the little green bottle's that screw directly into the Weber!  A foil tray with/or without water and wood chips will give any grill with a lid, the ability to smoke meat.

Joe, where you put all that stuff, is beyond my imagination! :lol: 

46 minutes ago, manholt said:

Joe, where you put all that stuff, is beyond my imagination! :lol: 

Two pass through bays under the coach, the one half is my fold up table and grilling stuff, stacked like a BBQ game of Tetris :lol:

That don't leave much room to carry all the comforts for 3 woman!  I can picture, you running around with a pair of shorts and one T-Shirt...women pack to much stuff and with 3 off them, they don't make a coach big enough...:lol::blink:

We have a lot of interior drawers for their stuff. When I pulled the Washer and dryer I put more drawers in that spot also.

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Did you get around to getting weight?  The coach! :rolleyes:

Nope! And at the rate I'm going the left front side will need a reweigh later anyway :ph34r: