Hello

We are trying to locate the source of a water leak in our 2001 Safari Serengeti Ivory edition.  It appeared last summer during camping.  By the end of the trip, the basement compartment which is drivers side under kitchen was totally drenched, but it had gotten all of the close basement compartments left.  We know it isn't the roof because it has remained dry since we drained it despite the rains.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Does the water pump cycle on and off when turned on and shore water disconnected? Since it is under kitchen where it seems to start wet there would suspect it to be something from the kitchen sink. If the pump cycles without turning any water faucets on, then suspect fresh water. If not fresh water then suspect a drain issue, if the kitchen is on a slide out, then first probability would be a hose coupling in the drain assembly. Also another probability is roof ac condensation drainage. Good luck hunting. Also after posting and you have made a mistake, you will notice an edit at the bottom of your own post, you can click on that and it will reopen that post for editing mistakes. I use this feature very often.

I just found and repaired one that I had and it was a leak at the uline ice machine water supply . Also when we had a 99 Safari Zanzibar I had the fresh water lines under the cabinets would loosen at the flex connector hooked to the sink.

You can find it by taking out the cabinet drawers below the microwave and looking at the lines where they come through the wall to the rear under  cabinet compartment. Hope this helps.

Michael

Our Serengeti has a leak in the basement.  It was at a shop and they determined that the fresh water tank isn't the source.  It is in the basement compartment under the fridge. Any info is appreciated 

14986927006821646305987.jpg

Thank you for trying to help.  We took the coach to a certified repair facility and they sent it home "fixed", but of course, it was soaked again in the basement compartment next to the front door passenger side under fridge.  We have turned off the ice maker water supply valve and the fridge is off anyway.  Also there is no pressure loss and the pump shuts off completely when water isn't being used.  The tech said this eliminates a fresh water leak.  He also pressure tested the black tank.  Could it be the aqua hot?  Could it be due to us not setting the valves correctly (we have no manual).  We're trying to leave and fix it first...anyone have a 2001 safari serengeti ivory manual?

We turned off the valve to the ice maker to eliminate that as one of the possibilities, and still we have the leak.  The fridge is off and has not been used and the leak continues, a big leak.  Maybe it is the aqua hot.  It was serviced at La Mesa Rv and they said it was fine 2 trips ago...we are getting frustrated.  We also have lots of rain here in Fla.  Roof has been repainted and caulk ed and inspected.  We were hoping it was a roof leak, but doesn't appear to be one.  Any help is greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly, your unit has a Manblok water manifold. Try turning off the sink hot and cold and refrigerator cold lines to be sure the leak is not before the other valves or ice maker shut offs. I once had a leak from the hot water heater that is in the rear of the coach. Leak showed in the outside bin below the kitchen sink, mid coach. 

Is the water clear? If it is from aqua hot I think that it will contain anti freeze, most of the time if anti freeze is in the water, it will be colored same color as the anti freeze, and will have a slime feel.

Check the seals on the doors as it could be letting rain water in. 

I would get everything out of the bay and set a fan to blow through and dry it out.

Bill

It is difficult to access when questions are asked and not answered so as to eliminate that possibility. I sent you a Pm with suggestions and have not received any reply positive or otherwise. I have a Panther and a Zanzibar, the layout would be similar. You have a side entry it looks like and the frige is left of the door. I have been through my 2 coaches and have a very good perception of how water can/might enter the basement particularly in that location assuming the Hurrcane plumbing is not leaking. Has it rained since I sent the PM. Have you explored that possibility i suggested??? How is the coach parked relative to the weather. Does your coach have a Brustor or a Girard pocket awning? How many miles on the rig? Wet your finger with what ever the moisture is, is it sweet or does it have a sweet smell, then it is antifreeze? Water does not generally have an odor, if it is then you have a Hurricane coolant/water leak. If you have a pocket awning they were a common source of a water leak into the sidewall structure. The water could go either way it to the coach living quarters or down and into the basement. A reply would be appreciated...You have not yet joined SafariFriends as suggested earlier. There is much more SAFARI specific help there than here from many Safari owners only! Someone may have been here before.

We have a Girard awning.  Thanks for your help.  My husband thought he solved it when he saw water pooling on the basement door rim inside, but after fixing the door compartment , the leak reappeared.  He has been filling the tanks and watching the monitor which goes down very slowly as the leak continues.  He is draining it and refilling, but then it rains and his experiment has too many variables.  We are losing our summer trip time, and don't want to drive with the leak.  I will join the Safari group.  We may take it to a repair place, but dont know where to trust.  The last repair place did a pressure test and claimed that it can't be the plumbing...also the pump only runs on demand.  The awning's motor needs replacing, but it is in good shape otherwise.  Thanks for answering...sorry for the delay in response.  

You stated that he has been filling the tanks and the monitor is showing that the water is going down slowly, and then the fresh water pump only comes on demand. This being the case, the most probable source is the fresh water tank, of course you also state that he has been filling the tanks, plural. If this is the case, then he should drain both black and grey tanks, and watch for leak, or add a bottle of food color to each tank, one red, one blue, and one yellow, of course food color is edible, so no harm adding to the fresh tank, I would use yellow in the fresh tank, as it will clear out faster than the other colors. I have seen the tanks to leak in the past, especially if you live in a place where water might freeze, and there was no heat provided for the tanks. With the food color, is much faster to figure which one, or ones are actually leaking. Be sure to write down which tank has what color, if yellow in fresh, and the leak appears yellow, then that would be the most probable. If more than one are leaking, the colors will mix outside to make an entirely different color, red and yellow = orange, yellow and blue = green, and so on. Hope you find it soon, summer is wasting. One other thought, if the fresh water tank is being overfilled, there is supposed to be an overflow pipe attached very close to the top, if that has come off somehow, then you just might find it there, remember that the hot days of summer can cause expansion of water, and any movement of the coach can cause the water to spill over.