elkhartjim

"CoachNet Sucks"

2 hours ago, Elkhartjim said:

That seems to be the current state of Coach Net these days.  I think they did a much better job before they moved out of Lk Havasu City.  They were a few doors up from my RV repair shop when they first moved to town and I used to talk to them quite often.  This was back in the 90's and I loaned them my mapping software as they were still using paper maps.

Jrock, this is for roadside service not a service contract to repair something broken. Good Sams is $69/year for new members.  Coach-Net is $249.00/year. 

I dropped Coach-Net two years ago when they said the only service company they could find had a 2 hour minimum charge and I would have to pay for the additional hour. I located 5 service companies within ten minutes that didn't have the 2 hour minimum and their rate per hour was less than Coach-Nets provider.  Coach-Net would only use the one they first found. I canceled the service call, used one I found, saved myself $15, subscribed to Good Sams and cancelled Coach-Net. I've used Good Sams on three different occasions, all for my Jeep, with acceptable service.

I have dropped Coach Net and gone with the FMCA one. Keep in mind all this is is a service to find someone to come out or to tow you. Realistically with today's technology you should be able to do it yourself. In the bad old days you had a map and you had to find a phone and phone book to try to call someone. Especially when in a place you had no knowledge of. 

Bill

I switched to FMCA Roadside Assist this past March after going to their seminar in Chandler. The supplier is VAS which use to do Coachnet. They answered all my questions. The only difference I see is that Coachnet covers any vehicle you are driving and FMCA Roadside Assist covers listed vehicles and the cost is less than half. 

Over the years I have had AAA, Good Sam and Coachnet. The only reason I switch was cost. All seemed to work. 

My Coachnet expires next month, I'm not renewing. Never used it and as Bill mentioned above with technology today I feel its a waste of money, you can search for you own help, it might take a little longer, but its free. If it gave more than a service to look up and call a vendor to us I'd consider renewing, but the cost would have to be worth it.

Since Coachnet seems to just arrange for the service I see little benefit in todays world.  Back in the 90s they were a technical resource center, I know because them being located next to our RV repair shop they would ask us tech questions from time to time.

Jim S I understand now I have good Sam roadside assist 5 year sub came with the coach when we bought it used it once terrible results could have looked up someone myself in less time took them 2 days to get someone out and he new nothing about the cat engine and charged for call called them back and had to argue with them to get towed to cat dealer driver had right size wrecker but didn't know how to air up a Motorhome so he released brakes removed drive shaft and towed 50 miles with air ride down found things thrown all over the place they tried to charge 4 hours labor for hook up put claim in with good Sam after 2 weeks they said clame dinied tow operator said he did nothing wrong only thing broken was cover on washer fixed it myself easer than dealing with a lawyer when it runs out I won't renew 

My toad is covered by the roadside assist that comes with my USAA policy, $23 a year and it works!  Coach is now covered for assist via Progressive...have not used it, so I can't comment.  Forgot the amount.   

1 hour ago, manholt said:

My toad is covered by the roadside assist that comes with my USAA policy, $23 a year and it works!  Coach is now covered for assist via Progressive...have not used it, so I can't comment.  Forgot the amount.   

My Progressive Roadside Assist is $26 also (with policy, of course).  I haven't used it either.  I have used CoachNet for towing and was pleased with the service.  That was 2 years ago.

Progressive policy:

If you pay the premium for this coverage, we will pay for our authorized service representative to provide the following services when necessary due to a covered emergency: 1. towing of a covered disabled vehicle to the nearest qualified repair facility; and 2. labor on a covered disabled vehicle at the place of disablement. If a covered disabled vehicle is towed to any place other than the nearest qualified repair facility, you will be responsible for any additional charges incurred.

Additionally, there are exclusions.  Read the policy.