We are considering getting a extended warranty since we will be doing extensive traveling across the USA & Canada over the next 3-5 years. We are looking at Wholesale Warranty as a good candidate (since they are apparently 'endorsed' by both FMCA and Escapees). Anyone have any experience with them? Especially in the area of claims and roadside assistance.

Appreciate any and all input!

3 hours ago, bamabob said:

We are considering getting a extended warranty since we will be doing extensive traveling across the USA & Canada over the next 3-5 years. We are looking at Wholesale Warranty as a good candidate (since they are apparently 'endorsed' by both FMCA and Escapees). Anyone have any experience with them? Especially in the area of claims and roadside assistance.

Not worth it, Take the 2-3 hundred bucks a month and put it in a "kitty" especially with a new Coach....JMO

bamabob, Do a search as there have been several threads about warranties. Most will recommend taking what they are going to charge you and putting it in a savings account. 

I have had about $500. in payouts for things they cover (microwave) compared to the $4000. they wanted to charge me I think I am ahead. 

I do recommend you get a Roadside assistance plan, Coach Net or the FMCA plan. This will help in case of towing and breakdowns or flat tire. They will pay for the tow or to have someone come out but not the work. 

Bill

2 hours ago, bamabob said:

Thanks for the tips so far - had a friend send me this rather thoughtful article so I thought I would share:

http://adventure.1tree.net/index.php/rv-living/finances/rv-extended-warranties

I think it would be wise if you did a little research about all the people who have bought insurance/warranties and  did not get satisfactory results when they had a problem. Little things add up, not paying the going rate for labor, parts, any shipping to get the parts to you, large deductibles just as a starter.

Why would you need a add on warranty if you are buying new?

Bill 

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:43 AM, BAMABOB said:

I just received such a high quote from Wholesale that I thanked the salesman for his time and hung up.  Admit ti wasn't as high as GS, to whom I responded in the same way.  I have a quote for about half the WW/GS level from NorthStar, about whom I can find nothing, so I can't logically cite them as a reliable reference point.  Just seems like almost $7,000 for two years for a well-maintained Monaco is exorbitant -- but I'm a neophyte at this.